Join the growing ZIPS family.
ZIPS, since 1996, began as eight dry cleaners in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C., metro area and has grown to more than 40 stores. The stores joined together in October 2002 to become the largest chain of retail dry cleaners in the area.
The Business You Need. The Lifestyle You Want.
At ZIPS, we have refined our operating systems over the years, eliminating guesswork for you. Our 100% prepaid business model increases cash flow, decreasing the headache of receivables. Whether you choose to be an owner/operator or not, our "in by 9, out by 5" means traditional, predictable hours, allowing you the freedom and family time you deserve.
Why is a ZIPS franchise a smart decision?
- 200 Years of Experience -- ZIPS' Leadership Team has a combined total of more than 200 years of dry cleaning experience
- No Receivables -- Our business model is 100% prepaid, as customers pay when they drop off their clothes, not upon pick-up.
- No Perishable Inventory -- Unlike a QSR franchise where inventory is both expensive and perishable, ZIPS requires a very small inventory, none of which is perishable. Less waste, lower costs for you.
- Year-Round Business -- People wear clothes year-round, therefore they will need them cleaned year-round.
- One Price / High Volume Model -- Our unbeatable price point of $1.99 for every dry-cleaned garment eliminates confusion and allows you to handle, in one day, the same volume most dry cleaners handle in 10 days.
- Lifestyle -- Whether you choose to be an owner/operator or not, the fact that ZIPS motto is "in by 9, out by 5" means traditional, predictable hours, allowing you the freedom and family time you deserve.
- No Industry Leader -- Dry cleaning is a fragmented industry - often times you're competing with no-name cleaners down the street. ZIPS' price and service has proved to be worth the drive.
- Environmentally Friendly -- We have cut 90% of the waste of the average cleaner. We also use organic dry cleaning solution and offer hanger and bag recycling at every location.
- Lower Investment Level -- A ZIPS franchise investment, on average, ranges from $769.500 - $1,017,000.
- Attractive to Customers -- Our stores are clean and BIG - 3,000-4,000 sq. ft. Customers are entertained with ZIPS TV - promotions and helpful tips - shown on flat screens at every location.
Disrupt the Market with ZIPS
ZIPS' unique one-price/high-volume customer prepay business model outperforms independent operators with high average store sales. Even with no-name dry cleaners closer to home, our unbeatable price and service combination has proven to be worth driving an extra mile or two for countless loyal customers.
What makes ZIPS franchise unique?
Dry cleaning is not a new concept; dry cleaning the ZIPS way, is. It's simply "Professional Cleaning. Unbeatable Pricing." Our successful business model is based on the revolutionary concept of dry cleaning any garment for just $1.99 - that's less than half the price of today's industry average. Plus, we offer this price with same-day pickup - "in by 9, out by 5."
Our competitors can't touch it. ZIPS' one price/high volume customer prepay business model outperforms independent operators with high average store sales.
Multi-Unit Markets available across the U.S.
If you're interested in becoming a ZIPS franchisee, you're in the right place. Please take a few moments to fill out the inquiry form. We look forward to sharing more with you about our franchise opportunity!
This web page does not constitute a franchise offering or an offer to sell a franchise. A franchise offering can be made by us only in a state if we are first registered, excluded, exempted or otherwise qualified to offer franchises in that state, and only if we provide you with an appropriate franchise disclosure document.
ZIPS, since 1996, began as eight dry cleaners in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C., metro area and has grown to more than 40 stores. Find out more.
Looking for more information about ZIPS Dry Cleaners? Take a moment to fill out our quick information request form.