Cousins Subs Helps Four Nonprofit Organizations Make It Better Through a Donation of $9,500 in Community Grants
Funding supports programs that address the vital needs of health and wellness and youth education
October 20, 2020 // Franchising.com // MILWAUKEE - Cousins Subs® today announced four organizations as recipients of a combined $9,500 in grants through its Make It Better Foundation. Funding will help offset the cost of resources and programming that address the vital community needs of health and wellness and youth education.
“When it comes to making it better, nothing beats supporting local nonprofit organizations that solve important challenges in our communities,” said Justin McCoy, Vice President of Marketing at Cousins Subs and Vice President of the Make It Better Foundation. “We’re privileged to be in the position to provide funding to four best-in-class organizations that are dedicated to improving causes, like health and wellness and youth education, that are a cornerstone of our Make It Better Foundation.”
The four recipients of a grant from the Make It Better Foundation are:
- Hope Gospel Mission - A $3,000 grant will offset the cost of supplies for the organization’s Hope Renewal Center for Women and Children and provide transportation for the women and children who participate in the nonprofit organization’s impactful programming in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- Artists Working in Education - The nonprofit organization will use its $2,500 grant to purchase items for art kits that Milwaukee-area youth utilize during their high-quality virtual art education delivered by a trained teaching artist.
- SecureFutures Foundation, Inc. - A $2,000 grant will support the Money Path program for more than 70 Milwaukee-area high school students, in their junior or senior year, to provide them with a step-by-step simulation of life after high school graduation using a groundbreaking software application that connects the dots between college, career, and financial planning.
- SGA Youth & Family Centers - The nonprofit organization will use its $2,000 grant to cover the Advanced Placement exam or college application fees for 20 hardworking juniors and seniors at Chicago Public High Schools who have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher.
Since the inception of the Make It Better Foundation in 2013, Cousins Subs has supported its local communities through monetary donations to nonprofit organizations, education scholarships and food aid. To date, the foundation has donated nearly $522,000 to 111 benefiting nonprofit organizations.
SOURCE Cousins Subs
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances