Wendy's: ``It's OK to Play With Your Food!''
Wendy's Baconator Sound Bites Contest Offers Musicians a Chance to Make it Big
DUBLIN, Ohio -- July 16, 2007 -- The kick, the snare and the hi-hat are familiar terms to musicians everywhere, but what about the hamburger sizzle or the bacon pop?
These tantalizing sounds and many more are associated with the creation of the Baconator. It's a big, bold hamburger that Wendy's hopes will be music to the ears of consumers with a hearty appetite.
The new premium burger packs a mountain of taste with six strips of hickory smoked bacon on top of 1/2 lb. of hot n' juicy beef with American cheese, ketchup and mayonnaise.
To celebrate the Baconator launch, Wendy's is inviting America to create "burger music" - not just any tune, but rather musical pieces that incorporate the vibrant sounds associated with preparing and serving a great hamburger.
Through the novel contest, consumers can put their own stamp on burger music by mixing Baconator "Sound Bites" into original songs. The two freshest, hottest tracks will win the music experience of a lifetime and a possible break into the big time.
There are two ways to join in on the fun at www.thisismyburger.com.
1) Burger enthusiasts can use the interactive Baconator Sound Bites music mixer to create a song. Save it to savor with your next burger or share it with friends.
2) More serious musicians can download three or more Baconator Sound Bites, mix them into an original song and upload the final track to ThisIsMyBurger.com in one of two contest categories: Rock/Alternative/Country or Urban/Hip Hop.
"We love everything about hamburgers at Wendy's; the taste, the smell, the look - even the sound!" says Ian Rowden, Wendy's chief marketing officer. "We're looking forward to hearing how people enjoy and creatively interpret the Baconator experience through music."
Acclaimed producer Michael Hudson (LL Cool J, Sara Evans and others) will narrow the entries to one grand prize-winning track in each category. What makes a winning entry?
* Is it hip? Does it have the musical elements and credibility that's compatible with contemporary radio?
* Is it original? Does it use the sound bites in a creative and exciting way?
* Does it sizzle? Is it hot enough to cut it in the eyes of a professional music producer?
Two grand prizes will be awarded - Could be Someone's Big Break
* An all-expense-paid trip to a studio session with Michael Hudson to get the winning track ready for radio release
* Guaranteed radio play in a major market
Nine runners-up in each category will win $500 and "Burgers for a Year" via Wendy's Gift Cards (approximate retail value of $155) - and have their tracks released on Wendys.com and ThisisMyBurger.com.
Wendy's will share the winning tracks with the public as streaming audio files and downloadable ring-tones at ThisIsMyBurger.com and Wendys.com.
Visit ThisIsMyBurger.com for official contest rules and regulations.
Wendy's International Inc. Overview
Wendy's International, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful restaurant operating and franchising companies.
Wendy's recently received brand, food and operations accolades from:
* Zagat Survey®, a leading global provider of consumer survey content, which recently named Wendy's as having the best hamburgers in the quick-service restaurant industry. In addition, Wendy's ranked first among quick-service "mega-chains" (i.e., those with at least 5,000 outlets) for food, facilities and popularity.
* This year's American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) survey, produced by the University of Michigan's Stephen M. Ross Business School, ranked Wendy's in the top spot for customer satisfaction in the "limited service restaurants" category.
* QSR® Magazine's 2007 Consumer Survey recently rated Wendy's as consumers' favorite quick-service restaurant (QSR) for the second-straight year.
More information about the Company is available at www.wendys-invest.com.
Contact Jon Bellinger (312-228-6894 or email@example.com) for a hot sample track created using the Baconator Sound Bites.
The Wendy's name and design, Baconator and wendys.com are trademarks of Oldemark LLC and are licensed to Wendy's International, Inc.
The Wendy's Company is the world's third-largest quick-service hamburger company.