ABOUT A&W ALL AMERICAN FOOD
One hot day in June of 1919 in Lodi, California an entrepreneur named Roy Allen mixed up a batch of creamy root beer and sold the first frosty mug of this delightful beverage for one nickel. Now, over ninety years later, A&W Root Beer is the world's number one selling root beer and is still made fresh daily and sold at hundreds of A&W Restaurants. Allen experienced tremendous success and in 1923, joined in partnership with Frank Wright creating the name, A&W. In 1925, A&W began to franchise and by 1933 had over 170 units in the mid-western United States. Today, customers can enjoy A&W Root Beer floats and hamburgers in over 1100 US and international locations.
A&W Restaurants are still serving the great food you remember - great-tasting food, made-to-order with fresh, quality ingredients and always served up with a frosty mug and a warm smile! We still make our burgers, hot dogs, French fries, onion rings, and, of course, our famous A&W Root Beer the way you like it, the way you remember - using fresh ingredients and a measure of care. We're still making memories and you can own a piece of the good old days with A&W.
FRANCHISING WITH AW ALL AMERICAN FOOD
This is your opportunity to invest in A&W Restaurants and the largest QSR (quick-service restaurant) segment, hamburgers. We believe there has never been a more exciting time to become a part of A&W Restaurants!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? COMMITMENT. CAPITAL. CAPABILITY.
While A&W is a fantastic opportunity for many, it may not be for everyone. We're looking for entrepreneurs with the aptitude to build a business. If you're one of these people, have a look at the following criteria to see if A&W is right for you:
Do you have capital to grow?
Do you have a passion for operations?
WHAT DO YOU GET WITH OVER 80 YEARS OF FRANCHISING?
- Proven support from A&W - You become part of an organization with tremendous franchise support including advertising, business coaching, training, development, and cooperative sourcing. We strive to work as "one system" because it's the best way to meet our customers' needs. You invest in us. We invest in you.
- Advertising & Marketing - We are committed to making A&W Restaurants even bigger. Many markets have local advertising cooperatives to coordinate local marketing activity. Franchisees are encouraged, but not required, to participate in system promotions.
- Coaching - A&W Restaurants has Franchise Growth Leaders (FGLs) to provide business insight and instructions as you operate your A&W. As you move into steady-state operations, your FGL will keep you abreast of important business initiatives, organize key regional training activity, and be your primary point of contact.
- Training - A&W requires that each franchisee complete Management Team Training prior to the opening of their A&W. Training depends on your level of previous quick-service restaurant (QSR) experience.
- Stanardized Building Plans/A&W Development Services - A&W provides franchisees with standardized building plans for all typical site layouts, exterior and interior facility design, standard equipment schedules, equipment cut sheets, and cost baselines.
- Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-Op, LLC (UFPC) - UFPC provides supply chain management services exclusively for all franchise-owned A&W All American Food outlets in the United States. Since 1999, UFPC sourcing capabilities have saved A&W franchise partners millions by negotiating volume discounts, managing product quality, and securing a comprehensive selection of pre-qualified vendors to support your business.
Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and the ambition to build your business
Insist on personal involvement and attention to detail
Want to franchise with a leader in the industry
...AN A&W FRANCHISE IS A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!
This web page does not constitute a franchise offering or an offer to sell a franchise. A franchise offering can be made by us only in a state if we are first registered, excluded, exempted or otherwise qualified to offer franchises in that state, and only if we provide you with an appropriate franchise disclosure document.