Schlotzsky's Adds Seven New Hand-Crafted Specialty Sandwiches to Menus Nationwide
Now Available At All Schlotzsky's Restaurants, New Sandwiches Offer Bold Flavor
March 28, 2016 // Franchising.com // ATLANTA – Schlotzsky’s®, home of The Original® oven-baked sandwich and famous Fresh-from-Scratch® buns, today announced the addition of seven new Specialty Sandwiches to its menu. The new sandwiches will be permanent menu items and are now available at all Schlotzsky’s locations nationwide.
Each unique, hand-crafted sandwich offers bold flavors and features fresh, high-quality ingredients such as vine-ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced meats, caramelized onions, roasted red bell peppers and rich, melted cheeses piled high on the brand’s signature freshly-baked bread. With seven unique recipes, including one vegetarian option, Schlotzsky’s is offering something new to satisfy every craving.
The seven new Specialty Sandwiches are:
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese – Melted Muenster, Parmesan, Provolone and Swiss, layered with crisp, smoked bacon strips, avocado and vine-ripe tomatoes – served oven-baked on a Soft Pretzel Roll. Served with our creamy Tuscan Tomato-Basil soup for dipping.
- Caprese – Basil pesto, mozzarella, basil, mayonnaise, drizzled with balsamic glaze and topped with mixed field greens and a combination of fresh and oven-roasted tomatoes. Served on our crusty, toasted Artisan Ciabatta.
- French Dip – Shaved Angus roast beef topped with a trio of melted Muenster, Provolone and Swiss Cheeses and rich, caramelized onions -- served oven-baked on a Soft Pretzel Roll, with a hearty French Onion Jus for dipping.
- Sicilian – We layer our Toasted Ciabatta with thinly-sliced ham, pepperoni, cotto and genoa salami, topped with melted provolone, roasted red bell pepper, marinated olive blend, red onion, mixed field greens and ripe tomatoes.
- Tuscan – Hand carved roasted turkey with melty pepper jack cheese, fresh tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, mixed field greens, bacon, cilantro, chipotle mayonnaise and avocado.
- Chicken Bacon Smokecheesy – Oven roasted chicken breast, sliced thin and piled high on our Fresh-from-Scratch® Sourdough Bun. Toasted to perfection and topped with melted smoked cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, chipotle mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and red onion.
- Beef Bacon Smokecheesy – Our toasted, Fresh-from-scratch® Sourdough bun is piled high with shaved Angus Roast Beef, melted Smoked Cheddar Cheese, crisp bacon, and mild Chipotle mayonnaise.
“We know our guests are adventurous eaters who constantly seek out fresh new flavors to liven up mealtime, and we can’t wait for them to try these new hand-crafted sandwiches we’ve cooked up,” said Schlotzsky’s President Kelly Roddy. “Our Specialty Sandwiches offer such diverse flavor profiles and unique ingredient combinations that we’re certain Schlotzsky’s lovers will agree that these new additions please all tastes and preferences.”
The launch of the new sandwiches also marks a continuation of Schlotzsky’s partnership with Auntie Anne’s®, the world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel franchise, which was initiated last year with the addition of the Pretzel Dippers Limited Time Offer at Schlotzsky’s. Two of the new Specialty Sandwiches, Ultimate Grilled Cheese and French Dip, are served on an Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzel Roll.
For more information or to find the nearest Schlotzsky’s location, visit www.schlotzskys.com.
Since 1971, Schlotzsky's® has been the home of The Original® oven-baked sandwich. The menu has evolved with guests’ tastes to include the highest quality hot delicious sandwiches on its legendary Fresh-from-Scratch® oven-baked sourdough buns, gourmet pizzas, Artisan flatbreads, oven-baked pastas, freshly made-to-order salads, savory soups and delicious Cinnabon® treats at co-branded locations. With more than 350 locations worldwide, Schlotzsky's is the fast-casual choice for a quick and fresh dining experience. For more information, visit www.schlotzskys.com.
About FOCUS Brands Inc.
Atlanta-based FOCUS Brands Inc., through its affiliate brands, is the franchisor and operator of over 5,000 ice cream shoppes, bakeries, restaurants and cafes in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and 60 foreign countries under the brand names Carvel®, Cinnabon®, Schlotzsky’s®, Moe’s Southwest Grill®, Auntie Anne’s® and McAlister’s Deli®, as well as Seattle’s Best Coffee® on certain military bases and in certain international markets. Please visit www.focusbrands.com to learn more.
O +1 404.832.7182
M +1 770.827.9090
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances