Schlotzsky’s® to Reach $1 Million in Donations to JDRF
Sixth year of support includes new fundraising effort to reach milestone donation
September 06, 2017 // Franchising.com // Atlanta, Ga. - Schlotzsky’s® is gearing up for its 6th year of fundraising for JDRF, a global organization dedicated to funding Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) research, and is close to reaching a major donation milestone - $1 million. Schlotzsky’s will continue its annual Step Up! campaign to reach the million dollar goal, which includes the 35th annual Bun Run in Austin, Texas and this year’s first Day of Dough Raising fundraiser nation-wide.
The fundraising is on-going all through the month of September with the annual in-store “Give $1, Get $1” offer. All month long at Schlotzsky’s restaurants nation-wide, guests can “Give $1, Get $1”, which offers guests a coupon for $1 off their next Schlotzsky’s purchase for every $1 they donate to JDRF.
On September 24, in Austin, the fundraising continues with the 35th annual Schlotzsky’s Bun Run. Participants can register alone or in teams, sign up their kids for the “Kids K” 1K race, or bring their dogs to participate for the title of Fastest Dog in Austin. Proceeds from the registration fee will be donated to JDRF. Schlotzsky’s Bun Run is 35 years strong and is Schlotzsky’s way of honoring its proud Austin roots. For more information, please visit bunrun.com.
Given past years’ success, the Schlotzsky’s fundraising for JDRF has expanded this year to include a new effort, the Day of Dough Raising Fundraiser. On September 26, each Schlotzsky’s restaurant will donate 10% of the day’s sales to JDRF, and then Schlotzsky’s corporate will match that 10%, for a total donation of 20% of the day’s net sales.
“Since beginning our partnership, we’ve been able to donate to JDRF with ‘Give $1, Get $1’ and proceeds from our long-time Bun Run event in Austin, Texas. This year we’re excited to help support the cause in a new way with our Day of Dough Raising fundraiser,” said Kelly Roddy, president of Schlotzsky’s. “We’re thrilled to know that with the support of Schlotzsky’s fans we’re making such a big impact for people living with Type 1 Diabetes, as we reach $1 million in donations to JDRF over the past six years. “
Schlotzsky’s is a fast-casual restaurant franchise that started in 1971 and is home to The Original® oven-baked sandwich. The brand started in Austin, Texas and the made to order menu options still include bold flavors and fresh ingredients - all inspired by the food scene in Austin. All 350 restaurants are serving delicious hot sandwiches on sourdough buns baked fresh each day, macs, Artisan flatbreads, specialty pizzas and fresh salads. Plus, many of our locations offer Cinnabon’s warm, homemade treats. Check us out online at www.schlotzskys.com to find a store near you and then connect with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers throughout the United States and our six international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter: @JDRF.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances