Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Announces Early 2022 Momentum with Multi-Unit Agreement Signings for 64 New Restaurant Commitments in Q1
Growing Demand in Chicago Sparks Deal with Veteran Franchise Group to Bring 13 New Restaurants to Area
April 27, 2022 // Franchising.com // WICHITA, Kan. - Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers announced today its significant Q1 franchise development success, signing six new multi-unit agreements that will bring a total of 64 new Freddy’s locations. Existing Freddy’s franchisees of more than a decade, M&M Custard, inked an agreement to expand the brand in Chicago with a commitment to develop 13 locations across Lake and McHenry counties. Additionally, Freddy’s opened 11 new locations nationwide in Q1.
“As we celebrate the one-year anniversary of our acquisition by Thompson Street Capital Partners, we’re happy to report the Q1 franchise development success we experienced – particularly following such a strong year in 2021. While we’ve remained true to Freddy’s core pillars, under new ownership, we’ve worked to streamline operations for our entire system, allowing for a higher AUV and enhancements to our business model as a whole,” says Andrew Thengvall, Chief Development Officer at Freddy’s.
M&M Custard opened its first Freddy’s location in Jefferson City, Missouri, in May 2012, and today the franchise group owns and operates 35 locations across six states.
“Since making our first investment in Freddy’s over 10 years ago, we are proud to bring the genuine hospitality and craveable menu items to new markets,” said Eric Cole of M&M Custards. “With each new opening, our passion for Freddy’s only strengthens alongside the impressive leadership and proven business model that continues to equip us with the tools needed to scale our flourishing business. The Chicagoland area currently has six existing locations, and the strong demand for a greater presence easily drew us to further grow Freddy’s footprint there. We’re looking forward to spearheading this growth in the Midwest.”
In addition to the Chicago deal, the groups that signed new multi-unit agreements in Q1 and their growth plans include:
In an agreement at the close of Q1, Lone Star Custard acquired 21 existing Freddy’s units in Texas and has committed to opening an additional 30 Freddy’s locations throughout the state of Texas, specifically in Dallas.
- AOM, LLC will be adding Freddy’s to its existing franchisee portfolio, which currently includes units with Walk On’s. AOM, LLC signed an agreement to bring nine locations to Texas and Louisiana. Specifically, they will be responsible for developing locations in Beaumont and Port Arthur in Texas, as well as the cities of Lake Charles, Ruston, Monroe, West Monroe, and Houma in Louisiana.
- BSPub Holdings, LLC joins Freddy’s as a new franchise group with the commitment of developing five new Freddy’s locations across the state of Texas in counties including Ector, Midland, Burnet, Gillespie and Kerr.
- Custard & Steakburger Holdings will also add Freddy’s to its extensive existing franchisee portfolio, consisting of eight units with Popeyes, Haagen Daz, and Tropical Smoothie Cafe. They will be developing four new Freddy’s locations in Horry County, South Carolina.
- Outlaw Management has agreed to develop three new Freddy’s in the counties of Aransas, Calhoun and Victoria, Texas.
Additionally, earlier this month, Freddy’s also announced the opening of its first airport location in the Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City. Freddy’s exceptional commitment to its franchisees and Team Members and its one-of-a-kind Freddy’s Guest experience are all factors that help support the brand’s development goals.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances