25 Free Marketing Sources
As we end one year and begin another, this is a good time to take stock of your marketing and branding strategies and execution - and to consider new sources for improving your results in 2012. Whether you're in the market for new marketing and branding tips, tactics, and tools; training your sales staff to succeed in the new normal; or simply looking to keep up with the ever-changing Social Web, here are more than 25 free "must-have" marketing books, magazines, courses, tools, and conferences, courtesy of Maria Pergolino's blog on Marketo.com.
From her blog:
Free marketing magazines
Call me old school, but I still read marketing magazines to stay up-to-date on the latest marketing news. I can't imagine a flight without two or three of these in my bag to ensure an interesting trip.
- Chief Content Marketer Magazine
- Website Magazine
- Target Marketing Magazine
- Direct Marketing News Magazine
- BtoB Magazine
- Chief Marketer Magazine
Free college-type courses and/or certifications
Marketing courses can be expensive, but they look impressive on your resume. Here are some free ones to stay up-to-date and keep your resume filled with relevant marketing education.
- 6 Week Course in Branding by About.com
- Google Training via Google Certification program - All training is free, and to get a certification it's only $50
- Marketing 101 by Kutztown University
- Conducting a Marketing Analysis by Kutztown University
- Fundamentals of Business Analysis by University of California
- Inbound Marketing University by Hubspot including certification
Free survey tools
Just getting started with surveys in your marketing programs? Here are two sources to get you going without risk, since they are free for your first 100 respondents.
Free marketing associations
Marketing associations can be pricey. These are free to join:
Free Kindle books
I think this is one of the best deals ever - having your Kindle filled with marketing books at no cost. I did a blog post with a bunch of free marketing books a few months ago, but here are a few that have been added since.
Marketing events are great ways to stay up-to-date and make great contacts. For marketers looking to network, here are some A+ opportunities.
- Revenue Rockstar Roadshows - These are free events we hold throughout the country to help marketers improve their skills.
- OMMA Global - Free conference held by OMMA each year in San Francisco.
- BtoB's NetMarketing Breakfasts - This link is for their upcoming San Francisco event, but check the events section for one in a city near you.
Plus lots of virtual conferences. Just look for these wherever you get your latest marketing news or on our Marketing Events page.
Free Press Releases
Mashable has created this list of 20 free press release distribution services which are great for any companies trying to get the word out, or improve SEO.
This is just what I found in my list of favorites, so I'm sure there are many more.
Maria Pergolino is senior director of marketing at Marketo, where she is responsible for all areas of demand generation. She has worked in marketing for more than 10 years, specifically in online marketing including social media, search marketing, and lead generation and nurturing for the past six years.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Sponsored Articles
A targeted, quarterly magazine that takes CEO's, VPs and Sales Executives to the cutting edge of franchise development.