Hyatt Plug Panel Allows Hyatt Place(TM) Guests to Easily Connect Portable Media Devices into 42-Inch HDTV
Hyatt Place Brings In-Room Technology to the Forefront of the Guest Experience
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hyatt Place, already a frontrunner in hospitality technology, today announced that guests at all its hotels will be able to connect their portable media devices into the 42-inch HDTV by year-end, thanks to the Hyatt Plug Panel™, a cutting-edge in-room media connectivity device.
To connect these personal devices, including laptop computers, MP3 players and DVD players, guests follow simple directions found on the Hyatt Plug Panel itself to connect the devices directly into the 42-inch flat panel, high-definition guestroom television. If guests forget to pack connection cords, they can purchase cords from the Hyatt Place Gallery Host.
For easy access to the HDTV, the Hyatt Plug Panel is built into the guestroom media center and offers:
* A/V inputs for standard and high-def portable media devices
* Input selection buttons, making it easy for guests to connect their device directly to the television
* AC outlets positioned to allow for simultaneous use of two standard sized AC adapters
Guests can also find an online tutorial at www.HyattPlace.com/plugpanel.
"Our guests rely heavily on technology in their everyday lives and the Hyatt Plug Panel allows them to function in our hotels the same way they might at home or in the office," said Alison Kal, vice president, marketing, Hyatt Corporation. "This device lets our guests achieve maximum productivity and enjoyment, whether it's listening to an iPod while responding to emails, reviewing a presentation on the 42-inch HDTV or relaxing by watching a favorite movie from a portable DVD player."
In addition to the Hyatt Plug Panel, guests can also take advantage of Hyatt Place's forward-thinking technology found throughout the hotel, including:
* Self-service check-in/out kiosk
* Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
* A touch-screen menu in the 24-hour Guest Kitchen
* An e-room with Internet-accessible computers and a printer, free of charge
* The ability to print directly to a printer in the e-room from any computer connected to the hotel's Wi-Fi
* The hospitality industry's first location-based webpage using iGoogle™
Hyatt Place Background
Hyatt Place inspired by today's 24/7 lifestyle and designed complement Hyatt's full-service brands with an atmosphere of casual hospitality. Attuned to the changing landscape of contemporary, multi-tasking business travelers, Hyatt Place allows guests to seamlessly merge personal and professional activities, offering a balanced mix of comfortable and functional amenities.
* Guests can take advantage of free Wi-Fi access, stretch out on the eight-foot Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper or work at an oversized desk in an ergonomic chair
* Every guestroom features a 42-inch flat panel, high-definition television offers 11 channels of HD along with an already impressive channel selection – perfect for catching the evening news, big game or latest movies
* Guests have access to DIRECTV® Sports service, which includes NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ and NBA LEAGUE PASSSM as well as other professional and college sports programming
* The Hyatt Plug Panel™ allows guests to connect their own entertainment media to the HDTV, including laptops, MP3 players, DVD players or any other portable device
* The signature Hyatt Grand Bed™ ensures guests enjoy a peaceful night's sleep
* The Gallery, an innovative welcoming arrival area where guests are personally greeted by the Gallery Host who assists guests with everything from check-in to providing personal tours of the hotel
* In the Gallery guests will also find a self-registration kiosk, an intimate coffee and wine café and bakery, free Wi-Fi, a TV den and an e-room with free access to a public computer and printer.
* The Guest Kitchen offers hot breakfast entrées along with Starbucks® specialty coffees and a free continental breakfast along with a variety of freshly prepared, café quality items, including made-to-order entrées, sandwiches, soups, salads and pizza that can be ordered 24/7 via a touch screen menu in the Guest Kitchen or from the Gallery Host
* A swimming pool and StayFit@Hyatt gym featuring state-of-the-art Life Fitness® equipment help guests stay physically and mentally productive
Travelers are raving about the Hyatt Place hotels already open in and around Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix, Cincinnati, San Antonio, Nashville, Dallas, Washington, DC and Louisville. There will be more than 120 Hyatt Place hotels open by in the first quarter of 2008, including locations in Fort Worth, Kansas City, Orlando and Miami, in addition to other key business and leisure markets throughout the country.
About Hyatt Place
Hyatt Place, a new kind of Hyatt for today's relaxed lifestyle, combines The Hyatt Touch® with stylish design, purposeful amenities and forward-thinking technology. Catering to today's discerning travelers, 120 Hyatt Place hotels are to open across the U.S. by the end of March 2008. Hyatt Place is a newly developed brand of Global Hyatt Corporation. For Hyatt Place information or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit HyattPlace.com. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com
Global Hyatt Corporation
Global Hyatt Corporation, one of the world's premier hotel companies, offers today's travelers over 735 hotels and resorts (over 136,000 rooms) in more than 44 countries. The company's affiliates own, operate, manage and franchise Hyatt branded hotels and resorts under the Park Hyatt™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Resorts™, Hyatt®, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites ® brands. In April 2007, Hyatt launched its newest global brand, Andaz™. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. operator of the Hyatt Vacation Club and fractional residential properties and U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc, which franchises Hawthorn Suites and Microtel Inns and Suites. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.