Compete in the Papa John's "TEXTra Points 4 Pizza" Promotion: Big Games, Big Points, Big Savings
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 4, 2008--When professional football playoffs begin this weekend, fans across the country will gather around televisions and tailgates with the hope that their favorite team will advance to the Big Game in Phoenix ...and score big points in the process. And this playoff season, high-scoring games mean big wins for pizza lovers - thanks to the Papa John's "TEXTra Points 4 Pizza" promotion.
As the first pizza company in America to offer text message ordering on a national basis, Papa John's wants football fans everywhere to get off the bench and begin experiencing the benefits of being a Papa John's mobile customer.
With Papa John's "TEXTra Points 4 Pizza" promotion, by texting "POINTS" to 47272 (4PAPA) or registering to receive text messages from Papa John's at www.papajohns.com ahead of the games, fans will be signed up for the chance to receive super deals on pizza at participating restaurants throughout the playoffs, based upon the number of points scored on the field. The promotion kicks off wild card weekend on Saturday, January 5, and extends throughout the playoffs and the Big Game, February 3. Here's how it works:
* For the wild card and divisional rounds, if the score of any playoff game totals 25 points or more, fans registered in the promotion will receive a text message from Papa John's with an exclusive promo code worth 25 percent off the average national regular menu price of a large, three-topping pizza ordered online the following week. This means scoring a large pizza with a national average regular menu price of $15.99, for only $11.99!
* Stakes will be raised for conference championship day - Sunday, January 20 - when Papa John's challenges the teams in contention for the Big Game to score a cumulative 50 points in either game, so that registered fans will receive 50 percent off the average national regular menu price of a large three-topping pizza ordered online the following week. It happened in both divisional championship games last season. A $15.99 pizza for $7.99 - can it get any better? Yes!
* When the Big Game takes place in Phoenix on Sunday, February 3, if the cumulative score is 75 points or more, fans registered for the promotion will receive 75 percent off the average national regular menu price of a large three-topping pizza ordered online the following week, or a $15.99 pizza for only $3.99!
Complete promotion rules at www.papajohns.com.
"This playoff season, Papa John's wants to make the excitement of a high scoring game even more exciting by giving all fans - no matter their team allegiance - a reason to cheer for extra points," said Jim Ensign, Papa John's vice president of marketing communications. "And as the only national pizza company to offer text message ordering throughout the country, Papa John's is eager to introduce customers to the newest and most convenient way to order their game day essentials."
Fast Stats About the Promotion:
* The lowest weekly average combined score during the 2007 regular season was 36.1 (week eight), so cashing in on the promotion during the first two playoff weekends is virtually a lock.
* The highest cumulative score in the history of the Big Game is 75 points - when San Francisco beat San Diego 49-26 in 1995.
* During the 2007 season, 75 points or more was scored in an incredible six regular season games!
* Papa John's expects football playoffs to be especially busy, with predictions to sell nearly three quarters of a million pizzas on Sunday, February 3, making it one of the busiest days of the year.
This year, advance online ordering from Papa John's makes life even easier for football party planners. Fans can log on to www.papajohns.com and follow the online ordering menu to place their order well in advance of the Big Game. Place an order up to 21 days in advance - including all the pizzas, wings, breadsticks, sodas and other sides the party needs - and indicate a time of delivery. It's that simple.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Papa John's International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) is the world's third largest pizza company. For eight years running, consumers have rated Papa John's No. 1 in customer satisfaction among all national pizza chains in the highly regarded American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). For more information about the company or to order pizza online, visit Papa John's at www.papajohns.com.
CONTACT: Papa John's International, Inc.
Tish Muldoon, 502-261-4987
Director, Community & Public Relations
SOURCE: Papa John's International, Inc.