February 25, 2008 // Franchising.com // MORRIS PLAINS, N.J. – The Weichert Family of Companies continued its longstanding tradition of generosity toward the communities it serves in 2007. Collectively, the various Weichert real estate and financial services companies organized, sponsored or participated in more than 200 events and fundraisers throughout the year.
In 2007, Weichert raised funds for countless charities including the American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Sales associates at Weichert offices, and employees in its corporate facilities, also made contributions to many local foundations, donating their time and collecting goods, to benefit worthy causes such as area hospitals, soup kitchens, and nursing homes. Additionally, offices sponsored many local youth sports teams and provided money for college scholarships.
"Our sales associates and employees understand the value of compassion because giving back to the community has always been a big part of the Weichert culture," said James M. Weichert, president and founder of Weichert, Realtors®. "There is nothing more worthwhile than helping better someone's life, whether by helping them achieve the dream of homeownership or by providing some much needed assistance and support. I am extremely proud of the tremendous service our sales associates and employees gave in 2007."
Highlights of the Weichert Family of Companies community service in 2007 included:
* Company-wide collection of more than 23,700 new toys for disadvantaged children during the 2007 holiday season.
* Employees of Weichert Relocation Resources Inc. employees across North America donated two 8-hour work days during the year to support families in need and advance community development during its CommunityCare Day events. In total, the company volunteered more than 6,000 work hours for community causes.
* Donated $65,000 to the American Cancer Society from proceeds raised during the companies Seventh Annual Golf Outing.
* To help returning veterans find a new career direction, Weichert, Realtors offered free real estate career seminars at a local military base in South Jersey.
* Joined with the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life in Monmouth County and Ocean County, N.J., as an Olympian Sponsor to help raise $30,000 for cancer research funding.
* Provided clothing and food to more than 100 families in Morris County, N.J., through its support of the Displaced Homemakers Network of New Jersey.
* To help keep children safe, Weichert, Realtors' Oakton, Va., Office hosted the Second Annual Children's Fingerprinting Day. Over 60 children from the local area participated and were provided with a photograph and fingerprint identification card.
* The Potomac, Md., Office of Weichert, Realtors collected over 430 coats for the Salvation Army to benefit the area needy.
* Weichert's Suffern, N.Y., Office helped to eliminate approximately 2,330 air-polluting vehicle trips from Rockland County highways over the course of the year. The office was recognized with a Regional Commuter Choice Award for making a commitment to providing commuter benefits that reduced traffic and air pollution.
Weichert has nearly 18,000 sales associates in more than 500 company-owned and franchised sales offices in key markets throughout the U.S. A family of full-service real estate and financial services companies, Weichert helps customers buy and sell both residential and commercial real estate, and streamlines the delivery of mortgages and home and title insurance. For more information, Weichert's customer service center can be reached at 1-800-USA-SOLD or at Weichert's Web site, www.weichert.com. Each Weichert franchised office is independently owned and operated.