Hyatt Place(TM) is Home for College Hoops This March
42-inch Guestroom HDTV and New Sports Package Keep Basketball Fans in the Game
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hyatt Place today announced it is introducing the March Basketball Package*, allowing college basketball fans to watch all games played during the first six days of the upcoming tournament. Valid for stays March 20-23 and 27-28, 2008, the package is available at more than 90 hotels throughout the country.
Guests who book the March Basketball Package will receive:
- One-day subscription to DIRECTV® Mega March Madness
- Early check-in on game day
- A game-day snack pack including one individual pizza and two 20 oz. beverages
Guests will receive coupons at check-in to redeem their subscription and food items.
Second only to home, Hyatt Place offers the ideal atmosphere to take in hours of uninterrupted college basketball. Spacious guestrooms offer the Cozy Corner, an eight-foot sofa sleeper, to stretch out and catch all the action on the 42-inch HDTV, standard in all Hyatt Place rooms. Hyatt Place also offers complimentary Wi-Fi so guests can track their brackets, and a 24/7 Guest Kitchen offers freshly prepared pizzas, chili and sandwiches, in addition to the Bakery Café that serves specialty Starbucks® coffees, and premium wine and beer.
Available at more than 90 Hyatt Place hotels throughout the country, the March Basketball Package is valid March 20-23 and 27-28, 2008. To book the Hyatt Place DIRECTV Sports package, travelers can call 888 HYATT HP (888-492-8847) and request the "SA1" rate code or go to www.HyattPlace.com/SA1.
Hyatt Place Background
Hyatt Place was inspired by the changing landscape of contemporary, multi-tasking business travelers, who have successfully adapted to today's "24/7 lifestyle," seamlessly merging personal and professional activities. To help guests achieve this, Hyatt Place offers an atmosphere of casual hospitality with a balanced mix of comfortable and functional amenities.
- Guestrooms: For work, guests can take advantage of the complimentary Wi-Fi, oversize desk and ergonomic chair in each room. And when it's time to relax, they can stretch out on the eight-foot Cozy Corner sectional sofa-sleeper and watch their favorite shows on the room's 42-inch flat panel, high-definition television. Each room's innovative Hyatt Plug Panel™ also allows guests to connect their own entertainment media to the television, including laptops, MP3 players, DVD players or any other portable device. At bedtime, the signature Hyatt Grand Bed™ ensures guests will enjoy a peaceful night's sleep.
- Gallery: An innovative welcoming arrival area where guests are greeted by a Gallery Host who assists guests with everything from check-in to providing tours of the hotel, the Gallery offers two self-registration kiosks, an intimate coffee and wine café and bakery, free Wi-Fi, a TV den and an "e-room" with free access to public computers and a printer with secure print-ahead technology.
- Mealtime: Guests at Hyatt Place may purchase signature hot breakfast entrées along with Starbucks® specialty coffees or enjoy a free continental breakfast. Hyatt Place also offers a variety of freshly prepared, café-quality items, including made-to-order entrées, sandwiches, soups, salads and pizza, which guests can order 24/7 via a touch screen menu in the Guest Kitchen or from a Gallery Host.
- StayFit@Hyatt: To help guests stay physically and mentally productive, each Hyatt Place offers a StayFit@Hyatt gym featuring state-of-the-art Life Fitness® equipment.
About Hyatt Place
Hyatt Place, a new kind of Hyatt for today's relaxed lifestyle, combines The Hyatt Touch® with stylish design, purposeful amenities and forward-thinking technology. Catering to today's discerning travelers, 120 Hyatt Place hotels are to open across the U.S. by March 2008. Hyatt Place is a newly developed brand of Global Hyatt Corporation. For Hyatt Place information or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit www.hyattplace.com. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.
About Global Hyatt Corporation
Global Hyatt Corporation, one of the world's premier hotel companies, offers today's travelers more than 730 hotels and resorts (more than 140,000 rooms) in more than 45 countries. The company's affiliates own, operate, manage and franchise Hyatt-branded hotels and resorts under Park Hyatt™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Resorts™, Hyatt®, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites® brands, as well as the company's newest global luxury brand, Andaz™, which recently opened its first property in London. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. operator of Hyatt VacationClub and fractional residential properties and U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc, which franchises Hawthorn Suites and Microtel Inns and Suites. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234, or logging on to www.hyatt.com.
*The Hyatt Place March Basketball Package is available for stays March 20, March 21, March 22, March 23, March 27 and March 28, 2008 at participating Hyatt Place hotels. Reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance by requesting rate code SA1. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional other offers. Package includes overnight accommodations for two, early check-in, 2 bottles of water or soda, 1 one topping pizza and CBS Sports Mega March Madness programming on satellite television. Rates are per room per night based on double occupancy. No refunds for any unused portion of package. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Games broadcast by your local CBS affiliate cannot be viewed with this subscription. CBS is an Official NCAA Broadcast Rightsholder. MEGA MARCH MADNESS and NCAA are trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association. ©2008 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV is a registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. HYATT, Hyatt Place™, names, designs and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. ©2008 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.