Green Shopping for Home Improvement and Home Furnishings
Austin, TX, April 16, 2008 --(PR.com)-- In today's market, many manufacturers offer products made with recyclable materials that are more energy efficient, offer better water conservation and are Energy Star-compliant. In addition to being better for the environment, consumers may even get state and local rebates and tax breaks just for purchasing these products. But being green doesn't stop there. Few consumers are aware of LEAD (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), a voluntary green building rating system, which is a consensus-based national standard for developing high-performance sustainable buildings. The list of green products literally goes on and on – which is great news for today's environmentally-conscious consumer.
The bad news? If you've shopped around for green merchandise, you know variables like selection, variety, availability, price point, product effectiveness and appealing style features affect your ability to buy the exact items you want for your home.
DirectBuy of Austin realized the various hurdles and difficulty consumers experience in obtaining "green" products, and responded by offering a broad selection of well priced, high quality "green" products under one roof.
According to Martin Cody, owner of DirectBuy of Austin, "We also offer vendor seminars, builder and remodeling classes, reading, planning and reference materials to assist the homeowner in taking their build "green" intentions to full reality."
Here are a few examples of DirectBuy of Austin's availability of "green" product categories:
- Faucets and plumbing fixtures that offer low consumption
- Sinks and lavatories of environmentally friendly recycled materials
- Tank-less water heaters that utilize energy and provide heated water on demand
- Water collection, storage, water treatment systems using no additional energy
- Fireplaces and cooking devices with low emission designs
- Central vacuum systems with EPA and National Lung Association endorsements for indoor air quality
- Lighting and ceiling fans with E-star ratings
- Outdoor lighting with dark sky options
- Sensor / timer lighting controls that conserve energy when not in use
- Vanities and furniture made from reclaimed wood
- Paints with reduced solvent vapor and or zero VOC's and LEED certification for least air quality impact
- Carpet made with recycled materials that reduce land fill waste
- Wood furniture products made with reforested to 100% plantation grown wood
- Natural cork flooring and underlayments
- Flooring, siding, roofing materials made with non-killing bark harvesting
- Cabinets manufactured under KCMA Environmental Stewardship Program
- Granite and engineered countertops that use recycled water in their fabrication process
- Tiles made of polymers with renewable ingredients that reduce reliance on petroleum and fossil fuels
- Composition tile flooring made with recycled content
- Flooring with FloorScore certification for low emissions standards, not substantially affecting indoor air quality
- Furniture and flooring made of renewable natural bamboo
- Adhesives, grouts, and mortars that are LEED compliant
- Energy Star compliance home electronics and appliances
Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped consumers enjoy enormous savings on home furnishings, home improvement items, entertainment and outdoor products, and accessories by providing an avenue to purchase directly from the manufacturer. DirectBuy has helped hundreds of thousands of families enjoy a better quality of life, enabling them to buy directly from more than 700 manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. There are more than 150 franchise locations throughout North America.
With a convenient location in the North Austin area, DirectBuy offers consumers a comfortable, family-friendly setting, where they finally have the financial control of buying direct. Buying direct enables members' hard-earned money to go much further, while having the selection and choice not available at any retail store. DirectBuy prides itself in providing excellent member service. Access to confidential prices, local suppliers, and unparalleled selection helps make members' dream projects a reality.
For more information on DirectBuy, you can visit www.directbuy.com or www.directbuycares.com. DirectBuy of Austin is located at 9160 D Research Blvd., Austin, Texas 78758, 512 835-7800. Consumers interested in becoming members may obtain a Visitors Pass to attend an Open House by contacting DirectBuy at 512-835-6400.