McDonald's(R) Offers Chicken Options from Morning to Night with Launch of Southern Style Chicken Biscuit and Sandwich
Customers nationwide have chance to try newest Southern-style menu choices, including McDonald's first-ever chicken breakfast offering
PHILADELPHIA, May 7 // PRNewswire // -- McDonald's(R) Restaurants of the Greater Philadelphia Region, Inc. is hoping to change the way its customers think about chicken by introducing two new products to its menu: the Southern Style Chicken Biscuit, McDonald's first-ever chicken breakfast menu offering; and the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich. The two new southern-style menu items provide great-tasting options for chicken lovers and feature a juicy, perfectly seasoned, all-white meat chicken breast patty on either a new biscuit for breakfast or a steamed bun topped with two pickles for lunch and dinner.
"We're excited to now offer our customers the opportunity to enjoy two new southern-style menu choices, including the new option of chicken for breakfast in the Greater Philadelphia Region," said Mike Anton, President, Phil-Ad-Mac Owner/Operator Association. "McDonald's has always had a strong legacy of introducing new and innovative breakfast choices."
To celebrate the national debut of McDonald's two new products locally, McDonald's Restaurants of the Greater Philadelphia Region will host several events throughout the Region throughout May:
- May 11 - McDonald's Makes "Spring Chicken" Deliveries on Mother's Day - McDonald's will be thanking maternity ward staff and doctors and welcoming newborn "spring chickens" on Mother's Day when Ronald McDonald(R) and friends deliver a Southern Style Chicken Biscuit breakfast to the maternity wards of Shore Memorial Hospital in Somers Point, N.J., and Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pa. on May 11.
- May 11 - McDonald's Celebrates National Nurses Week with Mother's Day Breakfast Delivery to Staff at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Ronald McDonald and Friends will celebrate local nurses during this year's National Nurses Week by delivering flowers, balloons and a McDonald's new Southern Style Chicken Biscuit breakfast on Mother's Day to staff at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
- May 12 & May 20 - McDonald's Batters Up! - Celebrates "Breakfast at the Ballpark" with McDonald's New Southern Style Chicken - Ronald McDonald will be on site to throw out the first pitch and do the chicken dance pre-game with Reading Phillies fans on May 12 at FirstEnergy Stadium and with Wilmington Blue Rocks fans at Daniel S. Frawley Stadium on May 20. McDonald's representatives will be on site to distribute coupons to fans.
- May 14 - Ronald McDonald and Mummer String Band "Chicken" Dance Down South" Broad Street on "National Dance Like a Chicken Day" & "National Buttermilk Biscuit Day" - both are May 14! - Ronald McDonald and friends, accompanied by a Mummer string band, will chicken dance "down South" Broad Street from City Hall to the Carpenter Street McDonald's restaurant location and deliver product coupons while supplies last. The public will be invited to join them, beginning at 10:45 a.m.
- May 15 - On the House: McDonald's Invites Customers to Try New Chicken Offerings - McDonald's is giving its customers a chance to try the Southern Style Chicken Biscuit from 7:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., or the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich from 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on May 15, with the purchase of any medium or large beverage at participating restaurants while supplies last. McDonald's expects to give away more than one million Southern Style Chicken Biscuits and five million Southern Style Chicken Sandwiches during the national sampling event.*
McDonald's USA, LLC is the leading foodservice provider in the United States serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. More than 80 percent of McDonald's 13,700 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by local franchisees. There are more than 300 McDonald's restaurants in the Greater Philadelphia Region, which includes Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Kent and New Castle counties in Delaware. For more information about McDonald's visit http://www.mcdonalds.com.
*Hours may vary by restaurant. Limit one per customer/per drink order. Prices and participation may vary. Not valid with any other offer, discount coupon or Extra Value Meal(R). Price of required purchase posted on menu board.