Explore America's Cradles Of Liberty
Explore America's Cradles Of Liberty
Latest Goin6 Tour Encourages Travelers to Explore American History
June 17, 2008 // Franchising.com // - In an ongoing effort to offer fun, affordable travel amidst soaring fuel prices, Motel 6 has launched the Cradles of Liberty tour as the next featured road trip on its new trip-planning Web site, Goin6.com. The Cradles of Liberty tour is designed to guide travelers on a journey through destinations brimming with unforgettable American history like Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Virginia, and more. By planning ahead and staying with Motel 6, which offers the lowest price of any national chain, road trippers can find accommodations for less than many will spend on a tank of gas.
"The summer months are a great time to visit the region that is America's birthplace," said Jeff Palmer, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Motel 6 and Studio 6. "These are historic sites every American and visitor to America should see. And staying at Motel 6 along the way will help you stretch your vacation dollars and enjoy more."
The tour will guide travelers on a journey through the origins of American liberty by way of a Philadelphia-to-Washington D.C. loop. Travelers will visit the sites of many of our nation's most revered buildings and monuments, and see where our founding fathers risked their lives in declaring independence from the British monarchy. Visit Historic Philadelphia, and see where the United States Constitution was drafted. Design a trip to Washington D.C., and encounter an almost limitless string of museums, monuments and memorials. Take a turn through Pennsylvania, Virginia and Maryland, and visit Revolutionary War battlegrounds and the sites of some of America's earliest colonies.
The Motel 6 Cradles of Liberty tour features highlights in and around each of these regions, including:
- Philadelphia – visit Independence National Historical Park, and experience the story of Benjamin Franklin; visit the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the First and Second Banks of the United States and Congress Hall.
- Washington D.C. – the nation's capital; visit the Washington Monument, the Smithsonian Institution, the Vietnam War Memorial, and The United States Capitol.
- Virginia – experience the solemn reverence of Arlington National Cemetery; visit Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington; and travel to Historic Jamestown, where 104 settlers established one of America's first European settlements.
The Goin6.com Web site helps any history buff plan a great trip by utilizing the "Eat," "Sleep," and "Do" feature tabs, including Motel 6 locations along the way that provide comfortable and affordable accommodations. Soon, the Goin6.com site will feature new and exciting Motel 6 journeys with opportunities for travelers to explore America. Currently, Goin6.com features great vacation ideas like the Jazz Journey, a trip that traces the roots of jazz music from Chicago to New Orleans, and the National Parks Tour – Arizona/Utah Loop, featuring some of the most magnificent and family-friendly national parks in the Western U.S. region.
About Motel 6
Motel 6 offers the best price of any national chain at more than 900 company-owned and franchised locations throughout the United States and Canada. For 21 years Motel 6 has used the tagline, "We'll leave the light on for you," earning the chain the highest brand recognition in the economy lodging segment. Motel 6 was the first national pet friendly chain, welcoming pets since 1962. Standard amenities include free local phone calls, no long distance access charges, free morning coffee, data ports, Wi-Fi Internet access and cable channel line-up with premium channels including HBO, ESPN/ESPN2, and CNN. Most locations offer swimming pools and guest laundry facilities. For more information, visit www.motel6.com.
About Accor North America
Headquartered in Dallas (Carrollton), Texas, Accor North America operates more than 950 upscale and economy properties including nationwide economy leaders Motel 6 and Studio 6 and the upper-upscale Sofitel and upscale Novotel locations in the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit accor-na.com.
About Accor Worldwide
Accor, the European leader and a major global group in hotels, the global leader in services to corporate clients and public institutions, operates in nearly 100 countries with 170,000 employees. It offers to its clients over 40 years of expertise in its two core businesses:
- Hotels, with the Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel, Mercure, Suitehotel, Ibis, All Seasons, Etap Hotel, Formule 1, Studio 6 and Motel 6 brands, representing more than 4,000 hotels and nearly 500,000 rooms in 90 countries.
- Services, with 23 million people in nearly 40 countries benefiting from Accor Services products in human resources, marketing services and expense management.