Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Offers Tips on Conserving Water
SARASOTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Being green and preserving our natural resources is more than just a trend nowadays – it's a way of life, so the experts at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing are offering helpful tips for local residents on how to do their part by conserving water.
"Water is a precious resource and we encourage residents to know their part in preserving it," said Tab Hunter, president of Franchise Operations at Clockwork Home Services, franchisor of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. "It's our job to not only make sure the water is flowing properly in one's home, but to ensure that our clients know how to conserve."
Hunter suggests the following water-saving tips:
- Shorten your showers -- Even a one- or two-minute reduction can save up to 700 gallons per month.
- Update your toilet -- Consider purchasing a low-volume toilet that uses less than half the water of older models. Hire a licensed plumber to install fixtures.
- Look for leaks -- Take notice of all plumbing for leaks. Have leaks repaired by a licensed plumber.
- Save water and detergent -- When washing dishes by hand, use the least amount of detergent possible. This minimizes rinse water needed and can save up to 150 gallons of water per month.
- Inspect sprinklers -- Avoid sprinklers that spray a fine mist. Mist can evaporate before it reaches the lawn. Check sprinkler systems and timing devices regularly to be sure they operate properly.
- Careful what you flush -- Avoid flushing the toilet unnecessarily. Dispose of tissues, insects, and other similar waste in the trash rather than the toilet.
- Take it to the car wash -- When taking your car to a car wash, which is a good idea for saving water, be sure it's one of many that recycle wash water.
Franchised under Clockwork Home Services, Inc., Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers customers a variety of plumbing services that include repairing, installing and replacing anything from conventional tank water heaters and septic tanks to kitchen sinks, toilets and garbage disposals. Its plumbing contractors are professionally trained in plumbing and customer service.
For more information, please visit www.benjaminfranklinplumbing.com.
powered by Grassroots NewswireTM
(c) 2007 eNR Services, Inc. All rights reserved.