DirectBuy of Buffalo Provides Tips on Setting Up Your Home Office
Get inspired designing your home office.
Buffalo, NY, July 02, 2008 --(PR.com)-- Not too long ago, the home office used to mean the corporate headquarters of a company. With more and more people running businesses out of their home or telecommuting to their "day job" a day or more a week, the home office has had to become every bit as functional and comfortable as the cube or office at work. Even more so. To that end, DirectBuy of Buffalo, the leading members-only showroom and home design center, has some helpful tips on setting up your home office.
For starters, DirectBuy recommends drawing a floor plan of the room or area where your home office will be. Your floor plan should include markings of where the electrical outlets are and accurate measurements of the heights of the windows, doorways and any closet space to give you additional design options.
"If you're going to be spending significant time in your home office, from eight to 20 hours a week or more, you're going to want a space that's a little more comfortable, functional and aesthetically pleasing than the spare room or corner of a room that's passed for a home office in years past," said Brian Cohen, owner of DirectBuy of Buffalo. "Many of our members work with our designers to create not just a comfortable workspace for one or members of the household, but also a room you'll want to show off to guests."
Some of the things you may want to consider in planning your office space:
- Ergonomic chairs, desks, and other office pieces.
- Lower shelves so you can reach for books, folders and other items without strain.
- Lighting under workspace shelves to make it easier to read.
- A mount or platform for your computer monitor so you can look at the screen without tilting your head up or down.
- Neutral soothing colors for your walls like teal blues, soft cool grays and warm Tuscan colors to create the work atmosphere you're looking for.
- How much natural light does the room get and how much do you want? Do you prefer curtains to blinds? There are a wide range of innovative blinds, sheers, louvers and shutters to achieve the look you want.
- The depth of the pieces you're putting in your office. There's nothing worse than trying to add a desk to spot that fits length- and width-wise but leaves no room for the chair.
- Installing additional outlets to give you more layout and design options.
- Avoiding wall-to-wall carpeting if possible; offices are high traffic areas and wear will show on your rugs the more time you work at home. Use carpet tiles for the areas you want carpeting, so that you can replace them if they fade or show stains, and use hardwood or ceramic tile for the rest of the space.
DirectBuy of Buffalo carries a large selection of brand-name home office furniture at wholesale prices direct from the manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. In addition, DirectBuy of Buffalo employs product specialists and designers who can help members create the home office that works best for their individual needs and for family members if it's a shared workspace.
Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped consumers enjoy enormous savings on home furnishings, home improvement items, entertainment and outdoor products, and accessories, by providing an avenue to purchase directly from the manufacturer. Conveniently located at 4950 Genesee Street in Cheektowaga, DirectBuy offers consumers a comfortable, welcoming setting where they finally have the financial control of buying direct.
Consumers interested in becoming members may obtain a Visitor's Pass to attend an Open House by contacting DirectBuy of Buffalo at 716-684-1400 or by visiting www.directbuy.com
Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped hundreds of thousands of families enjoy a better quality of life, enabling them to buy directly from more than 700 manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. Buying direct enables members' hard-earned money to go much further, while having the selection and choice not available at any retail store. DirectBuy of Buffalo, which opened in 2005, prides itself in providing excellent member service, access to confidential prices, local suppliers and unparalleled selection, all of which help make members' dream projects a reality. It's a comfortable setting, where you finally have the financial control of buying direct. DirectBuy of Buffalo is part of more than 150 franchise locations throughout North America.
Consumers interested in becoming members may obtain a Visitor's Pass to attend an Open House by contacting DirectBuy's Brian Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 716-684-1400.