10 Steps to Simplifying Summer Parties
July 03, 2008 // Franchising.com // According to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly 74 million Americans attended a summer barbecue in 2007. It's safe to assume that a good number of these summer celebrations happened over the July 4th holiday. If you are one of the millions who will host a summer soiree, thoughtful preparations can help you avoid most mishaps and make clean up a sweet breeze. Ready your home with these top 10 party tips from THE MAIDS Home Services and enjoy an unforgettable party.
- Keep a recycling bin within guests' reach for bottles and cans.
- Messy fingers have a tendency to leave unwanted prints, streaks and stains. Place moist towelettes near finger foods and reduce the amount of necessary post-party scrubbing.
- Large crowds and flames can be a dangerous combination. Put away all candles. Display a bowl of potpourri or a scented jelly jar to freshen the air—especially in the bathroom.
- To remove unwelcome odors, such as beer, from washable items like tablecloths and slipcovers, add one cup of vinegar to the final rinse cycle of the washing machine. Odors magically disappear!
- Keep your pets in a safe, secure and quiet area of your home to eliminate the stress a large group of people can cause them.
- Place plenty of trash containers around the house and yard. Drop a few extra bags into the bottom - when you pull out a full trash bag, another one is within arm's reach.
- Empty the dishwasher before guests arrive so you can stash dirty dishes inside as you go. You'll have less of an aftermath mess to contend with.
- Have a "cleaning bucket" ready for cleaning emergencies. Make sure to include carpet cleaner and an absorbent rag. Stains from spilled punch can be minimized if you are prepared for accidents.
- Designate a room for your pint-sized guests stocked with toys and games where the children can play safely and happily.
- And, be sure to have a first-aid kit handy to quickly attend to minor cuts and scrapes.
With a little pre-party prep, you'll be able to focus on the fun and enjoy the festivities. To maintain a fresh, guest-ready home this summer, call in THE MAIDS Home Services and experience the healthiest, most thorough housecleaning ever.