Benihana Inc. Updates Remodeling and Development Activity
MIAMI, Aug. 13, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Benihana Inc. (Nasdaq:BNHNA) (Nasdaq:BNHN), operator of the nation's largest chain of Japanese theme and sushi restaurants, today updated its remodeling and development activity for its Benihana teppanyaki and RA Sushi restaurant concepts.
- The Benihana teppanyaki restaurant in Denver, CO reopened on June 12, 2008. It had closed on January 20, 2008 for remodeling.
- The Benihana teppanyaki restaurant in Cupertino, CA reopened on July 1, 2008. It had closed on January 7, 2008 for remodeling.
- The Benihana teppanyaki restaurant in Newport Beach, CA will reopen on August 16, 2008. It had closed on January 28, 2008 for remodeling.
- The Benihana teppanyaki restaurant in City of Industry, CA will close for remodeling on August 24, 2008.
There are currently eight Benihana teppanyaki restaurants under development in Coral Springs, FL; Orlando, FL; Chicago, IL; Westwood, MA; Meadowlands, NJ; Columbus, OH; Plymouth Meeting, PA; and Plano, TX.
- The RA Sushi restaurant in South Miami, FL opened on June 30, 2008. South Miami is a popular dining and nightlife destination for South Floridians encompassing a varied and eclectic collection of restaurants and bars.
- The RA Sushi restaurant in Chino Hills, CA opened on July 28, 2008. The restaurant is located in the Shoppes at Chino Hills, a new mixed-use lifestyle retail center that features a roster of more than 60 merchants and creates a vibrant open-air lifestyle shopping experience for the community
- The Company signed a lease for a new RA Sushi restaurant in Atlanta, GA. The restaurant will be located in the Midtown area of Atlanta on the corner of Crescent Avenue and 11th Street in the new Selig Enterprises Development '12th & Midtown.' Midtown is Atlanta's most eclectic and exciting scene, featuring world- renowned cultural and arts venues like the Woodruff Arts Center, the High Museum, and the legendary Fox Theatre. Midtown is also home to leading law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and the area's most cutting-edge businesses.
There are currently five additional RA Sushi restaurants under development in Huntington Beach, CA; Orlando, FL; Leawood, KS; Westwood, MA; and Houston, TX.
Benihana Inc. (Nasdaq:BNHNA) (Nasdaq:BNHN) operates 90 restaurants nationwide, including 60 Benihana teppanyaki restaurants, nine Haru sushi restaurants, and twenty-one RA Sushi Bar restaurants. Under development at present are fourteen restaurants -- eight Benihana teppanyaki restaurants and six RA Sushi restaurants. In addition, 19 franchised Benihana teppanyaki restaurants are operating in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean.
To learn more about the Company and its three Japanese theme and sushi restaurant concepts, please view the corporate video at www.benihana.com/company_profile.asp