DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen offers Five Tips for Kitchen Remodeling on a Budget
Waco, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(Grassroots Newswire) -- It's the height of remodeling season during a weak economy, which is a tough combination for homeowners needing to make upgrades to their kitchen. This summer, things are heating up as people debate a costly home improvement that also offers one of the best returns on investment.
To help, DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen offers these five tips for kitchen updates that look good and also make "cents."
- Granite counters: Look for thinner widths without the beveled edges.
- Cabinets: Shop stock items or semi-custom cabinets that can rival custom craftsmanship. Or, for real savings, consider refacing your cabinets to get a new look without the demolition and installation of costly new units.
- Stainless steel appliances: Skip the high-end manufacturers and go to cost-conscious labels that can still perform.
- Wood flooring: Wood laminate flooring gives the look of an expensive wood surface with lower cost and easier cleanup.
- Energy Star ratings: Look for energy savings on appliances that may be a little more expensive today, but will save you even more on energy bills down the road.
"Our clients are surprised to see all of the remodeling options available to them that can achieve their goals and still work within a budget," said Doug Dwyer, president and CSO of DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen. "And we are noticing that people are still interested in investing in their largest asset, their home. They just want to make wise decisions."
For more information, visit dreammaker-remodel.com.
About DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen:
Based in Waco, Texas, DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen has approximately 100 independently owned and operated franchises nationwide. The company is a member of the National Kitchen and Bath Association, the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, the National Association of Home Builders Remodelers and the International Franchise Association. For more information, visit dreammaker-remodel.com.