Women on Their Way Advisory Board Launched by Wyndham Worldwide
September 08, 2008 // Franchising.com // Parsippany, N.J. -- The first meeting of the Women on Their Way by Wyndham Worldwide Advisory Board took place last month in Greensboro, North Carolina during the Wyndham Championship, a PGA TOUR event.
The Women on Their Way Advisory Board will share trends in the way that women are planning, booking and enjoying travel and will provide valuable feedback about the changing needs of female travelers. Their recommendations will lay the foundation for future amenities, operational changes and marketing programs aimed at this ever growing segment.
Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) re-launched Women on Their Way with a new website and the formation of the board earlier this summer. The website, www.WomenOnTheirWay.com, includes expert advice on destinations, hotels, timeshare resorts and vacation rentals, plus special deals and packages. While originally a single hotel chain program, Wyndham Worldwide expanded the program across all brands and businesses offering over 70,000 hotels, vacation rentals and resorts in 100 countries.
"It is an honor to be the chairperson of the Women on Their Way Advisory Board" stated Virginia M. (Gina) Wilson, EVP and Chief Financial Officer for Wyndham Worldwide. "We are thrilled by the enthusiasm of the women on our board and are fortunate to have such engaging, intelligent and well-respected board members."
The Women on Their Way Advisory Board includes:
- Chairperson: Gina Wilson, EVP, Chief Financial Officer, Wyndham Worldwide
- Daphne Bryant, Director, National Business Travel Association Foundation
- Katie Callahan-Giobbi, EVP, Chief Business Architect, Meeting Professionals International Foundation
- Marlene Colucci, EVP for Public Policy, American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Dr. Suzanne Cook, SVP, Research, Travel Industry Association
- Christel DeHaan, Founder, Christel House and Co-Founder, RCI
- Dawn Drew, VP & Publisher, National Geographic Traveler Magazine
- Mary Falvey, EVP & Chief Human Resources Officer, Wyndham Worldwide
- Suzie Finch, VP, Hotel and Resort Group, American Express
- Donna Flora, VP, Travel Industry Relations, American Express
- Vicki Freed, SVP, Sales, Royal Caribbean International
- Cynthia Good, Co-Owner & Founding Editor, Pink Magazine
- Leslie Grossman, Co-Founder, Women's Leadership Exchange
- Denise Johnson, Senior Global Travel Manager, AT&T
- Jacki Kelley, EVP Media Sales, Martha Stewart Living
- Nora Linville, Director, Women's Sales + Marketing, American Airlines
- Barbara Peck, Editor-in-Chief, Story Worldwide, Endless Vacations Magazine
- Pattie Petty, Founder, Victory Junction Gang Camp
- Robin Tauck, President, Tauck World Discovery
- Alyson Toombs, Principal, Merritt Capital Investors, LLC
- Tracey Weber, COO, Travelocity
- Pamela Wright, Division VP, Travel Industry & Partnership Sales, Hertz
- Diana Wynne, SVP, Corporate Affairs, CBRL Group, Inc.
"I was honored to be asked to serve on the Women on Their Way Board," stated Pattie Petty, founder of Victory Junction Gang Camp. "We have a long- standing relationship with Wyndham Worldwide as the official charity of the Wyndham Championship and benefited from the commitment that Wyndham Vacation Ownership has made both to the camps and the Petty Racing team. It's a great experience for us to give back to Wyndham Worldwide and to our fans everywhere by recognizing and responding to what female travelers want and need."
The meeting concluded with the Women on Their Way Golf Clinic, held at the Grandover Resort Golf Club, a first for the Wyndham Championship.
About Women on Their Way
Women on Their Way is an online resource for business and leisure travelers to find everything they need to plan and book their next trip. The website, www.WomenOnTheirWay.com, includes expert advice on destinations, hotels, timeshare resorts and vacation rentals, plus special deals and packages.
Women on Their Way is the hospitality industry's longest-running branded program entirely dedicated to female travelers. Since the program's launch in 1995, Wyndham has supported women travelers as they've emerged from a niche market to a formidable force, listening and responding to women's feedback, which has resulted in a better hotel experience for all travelers; including the addition of various amenities to hotel rooms such as coffee makers, full length mirrors and healthier room service menus.
While once a single hotel chain program, Wyndham Worldwide expanded the program across all brands and businesses offering over 70,000 hotels, vacation rentals and resorts in 100 countries.
About Wyndham Worldwide
As one of the world's largest hospitality companies, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) offers individual consumers and business-to-business customers a broad suite of hospitality products and services across various accommodation alternatives and price ranges through its premier portfolio of world-renowned brands. Wyndham Hotel Group encompasses almost 6,550 franchised hotels and almost 551,000 hotel rooms worldwide. Group RCI offers its more than 3.6 million members access to over 67,000 vacation properties located in approximately 100 countries. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its network of approximately 145 vacation ownership resorts serving over 800,000 owners throughout North America, the Caribbean and the South Pacific. Wyndham Worldwide, headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., employs more than 33,000 employees globally.