Whitbread publishes its latest Environment report online today
September 17, 2008 // Franchising.com // Whitbread's environmental performance is of great importance to all of our stakeholders: customers, staff members and investors. As a result, we take it seriously. As a business we have a responsibility to take steps to minimise the impact we have on the environment around us. Continuous improvement is part of the Whitbread Way and we must continue to demonstrate our responsibility to the environment and the communities in which we live and work.
The 2007/8 Environment Report serves to communicate to all our stakeholders the work we are doing to reduce our environmental impact and shows encouraging progress. It demonstrates our commitment to reduce our environmental impact wherever we sensibly can.
This year's highlights include:
- The amount of glass recycled increased by 38%
- The amount of cardboard recycled increased by 45%
- Like for like Electricity consumption per site improved by 2.5%.
- Whitbread purchases 5% renewable energy
- Whitbread is 1 out of 21 FTSE100 companies that is accredited by the Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme
- In 2007, the Carbon Disclosure project named Whitbread as amongst the top 45 reporting companies of the FTSE350.
- Whitbread participated in the Business in the Community Corporate Responsibility Index and achieved the banding of Bronze.
- Whitbread was awarded 'UK Fleet of the Year' at the Fleets News Awards 2008 in recognition of the company's efforts to improve the environmental impact and work-related road safety of its Company Car Fleet.
- Whitbread received the 'Outstanding Achievement Award' at the Fleet Hero Awards, for significantly reducing the emissions from its Company Car Fleet
To read the report in full, please click on the following link: