Kahala Brands Benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation(R) Serving up Week-Long Giveaways
Kahala Brands Join Together to Offer Free Menu Items to Help Make Wishes Come True
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--During the week of September 22, five Kahala brands will host a nationwide giveaway fundraising event for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America. Each day of the week, between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., a different brand will offer guests a free signature menu item in exchange for a voluntary goodwill donation to the Foundation. Wish stars will also be sold throughout the month with the hope of raising $1 million for the Foundation. The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Specific event dates are listed below and each giveaway will take place between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. *Participating US stores only
- Monday, September 22 - Samurai Sam's Teriyaki Grill - Grilled Eggroll www.samuraisams.net
- Tuesday, September 23 - Blimpie - 3-inch Turkey sub www.blimpie.com * Not valid in Blimpie locations within Hess convenience stores.
- Wednesday, September 24 - TacoTime - small order of MexiFries www.tacotime.com * Not valid in TacoTime stores in IN, MI, IA, CO and the Seattle area.
- Thursday, September 25 - Cold Stone Creamery - a choice of two 3-ounce ice cream Creations:
- Emily's Creation - Nutter Butter(R) ice cream mixed with yellow cake, Kit Kat(R) and white chocolate chips
- Jack's Creation - Marshmallow ice cream mixed with OREO(R) cookies, chocolate chips and fudge www.coldstonecreamery.com
- Friday, September 26 - Great Steak & Potato - small order of Great Fries www.thegreatsteak.com
Kahala is creating the next big wave in franchising. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., the company owns and franchises diversified restaurant and service brands resulting in nearly 4,000 locations worldwide and $1.1 billion in systemwide sales. Currently, the brand portfolio includes: Blimpie, Cereality, Cold Stone Creamery, Frullati Café & Bakery, Great Steak, Johnnie's New York Pizzeria, NrGize Lifestyle Café, Ranch1, Rollerz, Samurai Sam's Teriyaki Grill, Surf City Squeeze and TacoTime. For more information about Kahala, please visit the company's web site at www.kahalacorp.com
About The Make-A-Wish Foundation:
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Founded in 1980 when a group of caring volunteers helped a young boy fulfill his dream of becoming a police officer, the Foundation is now the largest wish-granting charity in the world, with 67 chapters in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and nearly 25,000 volunteers, the Make-A-Wish Foundation grants a wish every 40 minutes and has granted more than 167,000 wishes in the United States since inception. For more information about the Make-A-Wish Foundation, visit www.wish.org and discover how you can share the power of a wish®.
Cold Stone Creamery, Blimpie Subs and Salads, The Great Steak & Potato Co., Samurai Sam's Teriyaki Grill and TacoTime brands and related marks are registered trademarks of Kahala Corp. Make-A-Wish Foundation is a registered trademark of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America