Time is Money - Tuscani Pastas From Pizza Hut(R) Help You Save on Both
Time Management Expert Offers Tips on Making Mealtime Efficient and Affordable
DALLAS, Sept. 29 // PRNewswire // -- The economics of a trip to the grocery store have become increasingly burdensome for many Americans. In addition to the eye-popping prices on your receipt, there's also the time involved: planning your list, traveling to and from the grocery store and doing the shopping. As the old saying goes, time is money, and Americans these days can't afford to waste either. With hectic schedules and hefty bills, finding a sensible mealtime solution is a welcome relief. Tuscani Pastas from Pizza Hut is the ideal solution during these tough times. When you want a delicious dinner and an occasion to gather at the dinner table but don't want to deal with the time or cost of putting together dinner, Tuscani Pastas are just a call away.
Time management expert Molly Gold, a consultant for Pizza Hut, researched the time and cost involved in preparing a traditional pasta dinner and compared it to the cost and convenience of ordering Tuscani Pastas from Pizza Hut. Her findings showed Tuscani Pastas are a time and cost saver compared to preparing a pasta dinner on your own.
"When you've got a busy lifestyle, every minute counts," said Gold. "Ordering Tuscani Pastas from Pizza Hut give you a welcome night-off from the pressure of putting together dinner. There's no question you'll be able to find plenty to do with the time and money you save."
A breakout of the time and money spent on Molly's efforts to purchase and prepare the pasta dish comparable to the Creamy Chicken Alfredo variety of Tuscani Pastas illustrates the time and cost savings: ordering Tuscani Pastas instead of making a trip to the grocery store and cooking a pasta dish at home can save almost two hours and more than $3.
Molly Gold's Shopping Trip(1)
- Time spent driving to grocery store: 10 minutes
- Time spent shopping: 10 minutes
- Time spent returning from grocery store: 10 minutes
- Time spent preparing/serving dinner: 105 minutes
- Total Prep Time: 135 minutes
- Total Cost: $16.41
Ordering Tuscani Pastas from Pizza Hut
- Time spent ordering Tuscani Pastas: 2 minutes
- Time spent waiting for delivery: 30 minutes
- Total Prep Time: 32 minutes
- Total Cost: $12.99
In addition to conducting the research, Molly compiled a list of tips for busy families looking for ways to eliminate the stress involved with extensive planning for a family meal. Her tips include:
- Plan to Order In: Round out your meal planning every week by ordering one meal in. Choose main dish items like pasta or pizza and serve your own side dish and drinks at home. It will keep cost down but give you a real break by offering something you might not otherwise make at home and it's just minutes to the table once you hit the door.
- Include the Kids in Planning: Make a list of your family's favorite meals and then each week, let one of your children help you make a cooking schedule. Post this in a place where everyone can see it, including Mom, so you know what you'll make each day of the week. Your kids will love the sense of responsibility.
- Shop Smart: Cut back on repeat trips to the grocery store by making a list and referring to your weekly ads to see what's on sale. Build your weekly menu around what main dish items are the least costly and you'll find you will naturally rotate what recipes you choose.
- Live by the Rule: If it has more than five ingredients or takes longer than 30 minutes, it's simply off the list (Crockpot recipes not included.) When it comes to weekdays, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. every day is an action packed six hours full of activities, homework, playtime, reading, bath time, preparing for tomorrow ... and yes ... dinner. Keep it simple and live your life ... you'll never regret it I promise!
And when the best-laid plans go wrong, Tuscani Pastas are ready to save the day. Since their introduction in April, the two varieties of Tuscani Pastas -- Meaty Marinara and Creamy Chicken Alfredo -- have been an immediate success story, as hungry Americans have embraced the first delivery pasta offered by a national pizza chain. The newest variety, Premium Bacon Mac 'N Cheese, is a contemporary take on a pasta classic. Rotini pasta is smothered in a cheddar cheese sauce, topped with cheese and bacon, and oven-baked, giving the newest Tuscani Pastas flavor a taste that the whole family will love. No advance preparation is needed. Just place an order to have more than three pounds of delicious, hot-out-of-the-oven pasta delivered right to your door, along with five freshly-baked breadsticks.(2) Feeding a family of four for just $12.99, Tuscani Pastas are a great way for your quartet to enjoy dinner for just a few dollars each.
And no national pizza chain has more ordering options than Pizza Hut. You can simply pick up the phone or place an order via pizzahut.com, or, for folks on-the-go, Total Mobile Access from Pizza Hut gives you the ability to place your order via mobile Web or text message. You can also download a desktop application that allows you to order your favorites with just a few clicks of your mouse.
About Pizza Hut
As the world's largest pizza restaurant company with almost 6,200 restaurants in the United States and more than 4,000 restaurants in 100 other countries, Pizza Hut, Inc., is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM). The company's 50-year legacy of leadership and innovation has made it the recognized leader in the $37 billion pizza category.
- Molly Gold's shopping list includes: 6 oz. of grilled chicken breast, a one pound box of rotini, 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, a 16 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce and frozen breadsticks. Actual ingredient costs, and time spent ordering and waiting for delivery from Pizza Hut, may vary by geographic area/location.
- The three pound measurement is based on the pre-cooked weight of Tuscani Pastas.
SOURCE Pizza Hut
Add to Request List