Washington, DC, --(PR.com)-- As many airline passengers have experienced, there is a cost for checked bags. Now, travelers are looking for alternatives. Something convenient, cost-effective, and secure to get their luggage to its destination. The UPS Store located at 1718 M St NW Washington DC (near the Farragut North Metro Station) is helping to ease travelers' burden by shipping their luggage.
In addition, TheUPSStoreDC.com has certified packing experts who specialize in packing odd, over-sized items, such as skis, children's toys, golf clubs, fishing poles, or just about any item a traveler would prefer not to carry. Their services guarantee packaging of your fragile items, and to have the package where the traveler wants it, when they want it.
"Travelers can potentially save time and money by shipping their luggage at TheUPSStoreDC.com, which also lessens the hassle of dealing with luggage at the airport," said Leslie TheUPSStoreDC franchisee.
Shipping through TheUPSStoreDC.com can eliminate hassles of lost luggage with a variety of shipping options that allow travelers to track their luggage to destination. Options include Next Day Air, 2 Day Air, 3 Day Select and Ground shipping services.
Leslie suggests the following when shipping luggage:
1. If possible, put your luggage in a box. This protects the luggage and provides a good surface for the label to adhere to. It also reduces additional handling charges.
2. You don't need a luggage bag to ship. Items can be placed directly in a box. This reduces the chances of paying oversize or overweight charges. The UPSStoreDC will provide this packing service.
3. Using a UPS shipping option guarantees it is trackable to destination.
4. TheUPSStoreDC.com provides an online cost calculator at their store website: www.theupsstoredc.com so you can plan ahead and find the best rate.
5. Because of duties and taxes, TheUPSStoreDC does not recommend shipping luggage internationally.
6. Restrictions prevent shipping of hazardous materials such as colognes, perfumes, aerosol sprays, nail polish, and cigarette lighters via air shipping.
"If you have questions or concerns, it's always best to check with the professionals at TheUPSStoreDC.com," says Wayne. "Whether its a business trip or vacation, we want to make your travels as worry-free as possible."