Domino's Pizza Tracker Poll Week 2: Non-Voters Go Deep and Large
Poll Also Finds Philly Cheese Steak is Most Popular Oven Baked Sandwich Choice
ANN ARBOR, Mich., Oct. 15 // PRNewswire // -- Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) - Pizza ordering trends between Republicans and Democrats remained virtually unchanged in the second week of Domino's Pizza Tracker Poll, launched Oct. 7 on www.dominos.com . According to the poll's 82,400 respondents who self-identify as Democrat, Republican or Independent:
- Republicans spend more money per order and use credit cards more than other consumers. They also like specialty pizzas more than most and are most likely to order online. Republicans are also more likely to pick up their pizzas.
- Democrats are more likely to pay with cash and like more variety with their orders, more often adding side items and beverages when ordering pizza.
- The biggest change from week one is that non-voters ordered deep dish pizzas and Domino's extra large Brooklyn-style pizza more than voters did. In the first week of the poll, non-voters ordered small pizzas more often than other sizes.
- Customers who declined to disclose their political affiliation ordered more Thin Crust pizzas than those who actively participated in the poll.
In the second week of Domino's Pizza Tracker Poll, the company has found that 86% of those responding intend to vote on Nov. 4.
If the election was to determine which one of Domino's four new Oven Baked Sandwiches was the most popular, the Philly Cheese Steak would reign supreme. It is the sandwich ordered most often in 36 states, and garners 35% of the vote among customers participating in the poll, followed by:
- The Chicken Bacon Ranch (ordered most often in 12 states; 30% of the vote);
- The Italian (18%)
- The Chicken Parm (17%).
The Chicken Parm oven baked sandwich, though, is the one ordered most often in the state of New Hampshire. The oven baked sandwich vote is too close to call in the states of Tennessee and Vermont.
Domino's Pizza will report the findings of Pizza Tracker Poll every week until Nov. 4.
About Domino's Pizza(R)
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." Through its primarily locally-owned and operated franchised system, Domino's operates a network of 8,671 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and 60 international markets. The Domino's Pizza(R) brand, named a Megabrand by Advertising Age magazine, had global retail sales of over $5.4 billion in 2007, comprised of $3.2 billion domestically and $2.2 billion internationally. During the second quarter of 2008, the Domino's Pizza(R) brand had global retail sales of $1.3 billion, comprised of approximately $717 million domestically and approximately $589 million internationally. Domino's Pizza was named "Chain of the Year" by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication of the pizza industry. Customers can place orders online in English and Spanish by visiting www.dominos.com or from a Web-enabled cell phone by visiting mobile.dominos.com . More information on the Company, in English and Spanish, can be found on the Web at www.dominos.com . Domino's Pizza. You Got 30 Minutes(TM).
SOURCE Domino's Pizza