Survey Finds Home Organization Can Reduce Stress Levels
New Survey from California Closets Reveals Americans Seek Space, Comfort and Organization
San Rafael, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A recent survey conducted by California Closets, the pioneer in spatial design solutions, reveals that a lack of space and organization in the home is a source of stress for 60 percent of Americans. In addition to strain resulting from disorganized home environments, external factors are also causing Americans anxiety. In the downturn economy and slowing housing market, many Americans are trying to identify ways to increase the value of their homes and make changes that customize their existing space to make it more conducive to their current lifestyle needs.
Home Organization Reduces Stress
A growing number of Americans are identifying clutter in their homes as a source of anxiety, with over a third of survey respondents admitting their home is so disorganized that it prevents them from getting anything done. In addition to revealing how a lack of home organization causes stress, the survey also found that 85 percent of Americans experience positive benefits as a result of a well-organized home. In fact, six in ten respondents agree that an organized living space makes them feel more calm, efficient and in control.
"This survey emphasizes what California Closets has always understood, which is that an organized and well-designed living space contributes directly to a more comfortable and ultimately less stressful home environment," said Susan Simkins, vice president of marketing for California Closets. "For the past thirty years, California Closets has been helping homeowners find serenity in their favorite spaces with customized spatial design solutions for every room in the home."
Designed With You In Mind
California Closets can help create beautiful, customized designs to accommodate the unique needs of every homeowner, while bringing comfort and serenity to almost any space in the home. Some of the company's most popular design solutions include:
- The Family Gathering Space – whether it's with entertainment/media centers, book shelves or other customized design solutions, California Closets can help create a comfortable place for friends and loved ones to gather.
- Kitchen Pantry/Wine Storage – to organize kitchen essentials and favorite bottles of wine for effortless holiday season entertaining.
- Home Office Systems – to prioritize and bring order to the endless mountain of papers and office technology as the new year brings household budget planning and tax preparation.
- Extraordinary Closets – as wardrobes shift from fall to winter, the ultimate closet provides the perfect home for the ultimate wardrobe, with designated space for this season's hottest shoes and coolest clothes. A unique, custom closet is also the perfect gift, especially for the person who has everything.
- Craft Room – to organize hobbies, arts, crafts and even holiday gift wrapping stations in a convenient and manageable space.
- Entryway/Mudroom –to create valuable storage space at the entry of the home that can accommodate outerwear, boots, sports equipment and more, for easy accessibility and tidiness.
To create these spatial design solutions, California Closets offers a wide variety of wood grain finishes and storage accessories. The newest addition to California Closets' design portfolio is the assortment of LagoTM Italian finishes. Lago offers six distinct wood grain finishes – Venetian Wenge, Milano Grey, Roman Walnut, Umbrian Oak, Florentine Rosewood and Bellissima White. All of these finishes are defined by a unique grain texture and an elegant palette of colors with the look and feel of wood veneer that enhances any décor. All of the new Lago finishes meet strict European E1 level guidelines, the global standard for clean and safe wood, exemplifying California Closets' commitment to creating a healthier home.
About California Closets
California Closets provides customized spatial design solutions for every room in the home. With 100 franchises worldwide, it is the largest custom storage franchise-based company in the world, known for intuitive organization, innovative and rich design, and a commitment to creating an exemplary customer experience. California Closets provides consumers more of life's most valuable commodity – time.
California Closets is owned by The Franchise Company, a subsidiary of First Service Corporation, a leader in the rapidly growing service sector. Additional information about California Closets and their unique design collections can by found at www.californiaclosets.com, by visiting one of their showrooms or by calling 800.274.6754.