Domino's unveils new site showing daily polling results for candidates, sandwiches, by state
Ann Arbor, Mich., Oct. 22 // PRNewswire // -- Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) -- Concerns about the economy are real, but Domino's Pizza customers identifying themselves as Republicans may have a more optimistic attitude, if their ordering choices are any indication.
For the third consecutive week, Republicans participating in the Domino's Pizza Tracker Poll, launched Oct. 7 on www.dominos.com, spend more money per order than Democrats do. To date, more than 222,200 consumers have taken part in the poll. According to the 77,738 customers who participated last week:
- Republicans spend an average of $1.15 more per order than Democrats.
- 98.3% of Republicans ordered online last week vs. 97.9% of Democrats.
- 93.5% of Democrats utilized Domino's delivery service vs. 91.2% of Republicans.
- Republicans continue to use their credit cards more than other voters. 61.2% of Republicans paid with plastic vs. 56.9% of Democrats and 51.2% of people who would not identify themselves with a party affiliation or an indication of whether they plan to vote in November.
- Undecided voters ordered more sandwiches than those affiliated with one of the two major parties. 54.1% of Undecided voters ordered a Domino's oven baked sandwich last week vs. 53.9% of Republicans and 50.1% of Democrats.
In the third week of Domino's Pizza Tracker Poll, the company has found that 87% of those responding intend to vote, up one percent over the previous week.
The Pizza Tracker poll appears on screen as soon as online customers click the "submit order" button on their computer screen. Consumers who place orders via telephone can also track their orders online and participate in the poll. Once customers place an order, they can go to www.dominos.com, click on the Pizza Tracker icon and enter their telephone number. Last week, 285 Democrats logged on after making telephone orders, vs. 76 Republicans.
Domino's Pizza this week also unveiled http://poll.dominos.com, a site that tracks voter choices by state in two categories: who consumers are going to vote for, and which Domino's sandwich is being ordered most that day. The maps are updated every 60 seconds.
Domino's Pizza will report the findings of Pizza Tracker Poll every week until Nov. 4.
About Domino's Pizza(R)
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." Through its primarily locally-owned and operated franchised system, Domino's operates a network of 8,671 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and 60 international markets. The Domino's Pizza(R) brand, named a Megabrand by Advertising Age magazine, had global retail sales of over $5.4 billion in 2007, comprised of $3.2 billion domestically and $2.2 billion internationally. During the second quarter of 2008, the Domino's Pizza(R) brand had global retail sales of $1.3 billion, comprised of approximately $717 million domestically and approximately $589 million internationally. Domino's Pizza was named "Chain of the Year" by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication of the pizza industry. Customers can place orders online in English and Spanish by visiting www.dominos.com or from a Web-enabled cell phone by visiting mobile.dominos.com. More information on the Company, in English and Spanish, can be found on the Web at www.dominos.com. Domino's Pizza. You Got 30 Minutes(TM).
SOURCE Domino's Pizza