Glass Doctor(R) Franchise Owners Elect Leadership Council
October 30, 2008 // Franchising.com // Waco, Texas – The Glass Doctor Leadership Council met Monday for the first time since new representatives were elected this fall from among the more than 175 Glass Doctor independent franchise owners across the United States.
The Glass Doctor Leadership Council members work with the corporate home office to develop ongoing strategic plans and programs to benefit the entire franchise system. The Leadership Council includes seven regional representatives and two at-large representatives elected by franchise owners, and two at-large representatives selected by Glass Doctor President Mark Dawson. Leadership Council members serve four-year terms, which are staggered in two-year increments. Four representatives' seats were open for election this fall. The 2009-2010 Glass Doctor Leadership Council Newly Elected Regional Representatives, terms expire 2012:
- Kevin Garrison, Glass Doctor of Urbandale; Des Moines, Iowa – replacing Cary Hooper, Glass Doctor of Southwest Idaho; Meridian, Idaho
- Jon Lalanne, Glass Doctor of Tulare County; Porterville, Calif. – replacing Rob Wolken, Glass Doctor of Los Angeles; Van Nuys, Calif.
- Gene Porter, Glass Doctor of Clovis; Clovis, N.M. – replacing Larry Patterson, Glass Doctor of North Texas; Carrolton, Texas
- Vern Steiner, Glass Doctor of Millersburg; Millersburg, Ohio – replacing Matt Kelly, Glass Doctor of Cleveland; Cleveland, Ohio
Returning Regional Representatives, terms expire 2010:
- Bill Dawson, Glass Doctor of Columbia; Columbia, Tenn.
- Jim Bernstein, Glass Doctor of Atlanta; Norcross, Ga.
- Paul Tetro, Glass Doctor of Westchester; Mt. Vernon, N.Y.
At-Large Representatives, terms expire 2010 unless otherwise noted:
- Kerry Culver, Glass Doctor of Spokane; Kalispell, Mont.
- Michael Gai, Glass Doctor of King and Pierce Counties; Tukwila, Wash.
- Larry Patterson, Glass Doctor of North Texas; Carrollton, Texas; replacing Mike Scorzo, Glass Doctor of Michigan; Farmington Hills, Mich., term expires 2012
- Wayne Plaster, Glass Doctor of Tampa Bay; Tampa, Fla.
"In just the first two years of its existence, the Glass Doctor Leadership Council has been instrumental in the strategic direction of our new nationwide marketing campaign, our Glass Doctor University training center in Waco, and value-added products and services for our customers," President Mark Dawson said. "We look forward to working together in the future to help Glass Doctor grow as a company and as individual franchises. We depend upon each other for our mutual success in achieving our common goal; to give customers a superior, high-quality glass services experience."
The 2009-2010 Glass Doctor Leadership Council (left to right): Vern Steiner, Millersburg, Ohio; Kerry Culver, Kalispell, Mont.; Michael Gai, Seattle, Wash.; Wayne Plaster, Tampa, Fla.; Dan Mock, vice president of operations; Jim Bernstein, Atlanta, Ga.; Paul Tetro, Mt. Vernon, N.Y.; Gene Porter, Clovis, N.M.; Larry Patterson, Carrollton, Texas; Bill Dawson, Columbia, Tenn.; Jon Lalanne, Porterville, Calif.; Mark Dawson, President (not pictured – Kevin Garrison, Des Moines, Iowa). High resolution photo available upon request.
About Glass Doctor®:
Glass Doctor is the largest chain of full-service glass franchises in the nation. From windows to windshields to storefronts, Glass Doctor can handle any glass need. Glass Doctor also offers custom glass services, such as tub and shower enclosures, entry door glass and mirrors. Established in 1962 with one shop in Seattle, Wash., today Glass Doctor offers complete glass repair, replacement and services to the residential, automotive, and commercial markets at more than 375 locations in the United States. Today there are more than 165 Glass Doctor franchise owners across the United States and Canada. For further information or to find the location nearest you, visit www.glassdoctor.com.
About The Dwyer Group, Inc.:
Based in Waco, Texas, The Dwyer Group, Inc. is a holding company of six service-based franchise companies – Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Rooter®, Aire Serv Heating and Air Conditioning®, Glass Doctor® and Rainbow International Restoration and Cleaning®. The franchise network of The Dwyer Group, Inc. consists of more than 1,400 independently owned and operated franchises. Each company provides high-quality residential and light commercial services to customers worldwide. The Dwyer Group, Inc. is a portfolio company of the Riverside Company. For more information, visit www.dwyergroup.com.