Radioshack.Com Launches Nationwide Electronics Trade-In Program
Consumer Electronics Retailer Encourages Customers to Recycle Select Used Technology Products In Exchange for RadioShack Gift Card
October 30, 2008 // Franchising.com // Fort Worth, Texas –– RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH), one of the nation's most trusted consumer electronics specialty retailers, today announced it has launched an online electronics trade-in program that allows customers to exchange certain used portable electronics for a RadioShack Gift Card through www.RadioShack.com. The RadioShack Online Trade-In Program has been designed to meet the requirements of customers who want to engage in the environmentally friendly disposal of older technology products. Customers who accept the trade-in value for their used product will be mailed a RadioShack Gift Card that can be used toward the purchase of new products in RadioShack stores nationwide or at RadioShack.com. Acceptable items for the RadioShack Online Trade-In Program include GPS devices, MP3 Players, wireless phones, digital camcorders, car audio head units, digital cameras, notebook computers, game media and game consoles.
The RadioShack Online Trade-In Program allows customers to receive an immediate estimate by following these simple steps:
- Go to the RadioShack Trade-In Program Web link at: www.RadioShack.com/tradein to receive an instant estimate of the product's trade-in value.
- If the value is acceptable, a customer completes the transaction online by following the simple prompts.
- The customer boxes up their product and prints out the prepaid shipping label. Shipping is free of charge to Web users residing in the Continental United States.
- RadioShack sends an email notification alerting the customer that their trade-in product has been received.
- RadioShack issues a gift card within 10-14 days after product is received, to be used towards the customer's next RadioShack purchase either in stores or online.
"We are excited to offer our online customers an environmentally friendly solution by helping them trade-in their used portable electronics while at the same time helping them save on their next RadioShack purchase," said Peter Whitsett, RadioShack's executive vice president of merchandising. "We know that consumers are looking for innovative ways to save money, and we think this program will help them stretch their dollars in time for the holiday shopping season at their neighborhood RadioShack."
The RadioShack Trade-in program is available online at www.radioshack.com.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH) is one of the nation's most experienced and trusted consumer electronics specialty retailers. Operating from convenient and comfortable neighborhood and mall locations, RadioShack stores deliver personalized product and service solutions within a few short minutes of where most Americans either live or work. The company has a presence through approximately 4,500 company-operated stores, 1,500 dealer stores and 700 wireless phone kiosks. RadioShack's dedicated force of knowledgeable and helpful sales associates has been consistently recognized by several independent groups as providing the best customer service in the consumer electronics and wireless industries. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, or to purchase items online, visit www.RadioShack.com.