Choice Hotels Recognizes Over 100 Hotel Owners & Staff with Inaugural Awards Program for Property Excellence
Award Recipients Praised for Commitment to Excellence among Ten Different Categories
Silver Spring, Md., /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- During the company's five regional hotel owner conferences held this fall, Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), in conjunction with all of its franchise owners associations, celebrated the inaugural year of its Awards for Property Excellence (APEX) program by honoring over 100 individual hotel owners and staff members from across the country for their outstanding performance in a number of different categories.
"Recipients of APEX awards have provided great guest care and demonstrated a commitment to providing top-notch hospitality," said Stephen P. Joyce, president and chief executive officer, Choice Hotels International. "The individuals and teams that received this honor should be extremely proud of their achievements."
The 122 individual award winners have been selected among the 4,600-plus Choice brand hotels and their staff within the United States. Nominated by their manager, team or peer, these unique award winners were recognized for their outstanding efforts and contributions among the following ten award categories:
- Best Renovation/Redesign -- for hotels that have undertaken superior property renovations and redesigns within the past 12 months.
- Community Hero -- for individuals actively involved in giving back to their community.
- Eco-Excellence -- awarded to those who are making strides and implementing initiatives in achieving green operations at their property in order to better the environment.
- Embracing Inclusion -- given to individuals who address underrepresented populations through workforce and community efforts or supplier diversity initiatives.
- Rookie of the Year -- recognizes the newest properties in the Choice family that have hit the ground running since opening their doors.
- Service Excellence in the categories of General Manager, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Other Staff -- for associates who went above and beyond to surpass a guest's service expectations.
As the first-ever APEX awards, Choice would like to voice its thanks and gratitude to all of the 2008 APEX award recipients.
Choice Hotels International franchises more than 5,700 hotels, representing more than 465,000 rooms, in the United States and more than 35 countries and territories. As of September 30, 2008, 955 hotels are under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in the United States, representing 76,269 rooms, and an additional 119 hotels, representing 9,647 rooms, are under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in more than 20 countries and territories. The company's Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn brands serve guests worldwide. In addition, via its Ascend Collection membership program, travelers in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean have upscale lodging options at historic, boutique and unique hotels.
Additional corporate information may be found on the Choice Hotels Web site, which may be accessed at www.choicehotels.com.
Choice Hotels, Choice Hotels International, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn are proprietary trademarks and service marks of Choice Hotels International.
SOURCE Choice Hotels International, Inc