With More Items, Bigger Savings And Better Deals Than Ever, Toys"R"Us Unleashes Unprecedented Black Friday Weekend Mega Event
Company's Value-Packed Weekend Event Boasts 50% MORE Black Friday Doorbusters Than Last Year and MORE Than $6,000 in Additional Savings All Weekend Long
November 20, 2008 // Franchising.com // Wayne, NJ -– Grabbing hot deals is on everyone's "must-do" list. To the delight of sale-seeking shoppers who look to Toys"R"Us for unbeatable Black Friday doorbusters and discounts, today the company announced it will offer an unprecedented lineup of more than 150 doorbusters from 5am to 1pm on Friday, November 28, giving shoppers one more hour to take advantage of these doorbuster deals than last year. Whether a trip to stores on Thanksgiving weekend is part of a holiday tradition or a money-saving tactic, savvy shoppers can't afford to miss an early stop at Toys"R"Us.
Appearing in select newspapers and online at www.Toysrus.com on Thursday, November 27, this year's Toys"R"Us Thanksgiving weekend circular will launch the company's BIGGEST 2-day sale, while offering the lowest prices of the season. More than 100 doorbusters can be found in the 24-page circular, along with more than $6,000 in total additional savings on some of the season's hottest toys, games and electronics. Customers plotting out their Black Friday shopping strategy in advance can log on to www.Toysrus.com beginning Wednesday, November 26 at midnight for a sneak-peek of more than 50 additional unadvertised "Mystery Doorbusters" that will be available only in Toys"R"Us stores on Black Friday.
"We know this year parents are looking to us to provide exceptional values on great toys for the children on their holiday shopping list," said Jerry Storch, Chairman and CEO, Toys"R"Us, Inc. "Beyond offering the broadest selection of toys at our stores year-round – with more gift options per price range – we will feature the lowest prices of the season throughout Thanksgiving weekend. Whether customers want to start their holiday shopping early or simply shop within their budget, they will undoubtedly find the right presents at the right prices at Toys"R"Us."
With families and friends on the hunt for the best deals this year, waking up early the day after Thanksgiving will be more than a fun experience – it will be a can't-miss opportunity. The doors at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide will open at 5am on Black Friday to welcome early risers eager to jumpstart their holiday shopping. The following select examples of great doorbusters available at Toys"R"Us are valid on Friday, November 28, from 5am – 1pm, while supplies last:
- FREE Play Station 2 Deal – 6 FREE Games, FREE "21" DVD and FREE Play Station 2 DVD Remote with the purchase of the Play Station 2 System
- FREE $50 Toys"R"Us Gift Card with the purchase of a Black 16GB iPod nano®
- FREE Nintendo® DS™ accessory with the purchase of Nintendo® DS™ Brain Age Bundle or Nintendo® DS™ Super Mario Bros. Bundle
- More than 80% off Xbox 360 Wired Guitar Hero Game Controller
- 60% off TOYMAX EyeClops® from JAKKS Pacific®
- 60% off Disney® High School Musical 2 Figures 3-Pack
- More than 50% off Littlest Pet Shop VIP Plush Pets from Hasbro®
- Up to 50% off Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Bundle for Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360
- 50% off Little Tikes® Diggers
- 50% off Jumbo Talking Elmo from Fisher-Price®
- 50% off Huffy® Scooters (Power Rangers and Cinderella, sold separately)
- 33% off V-Tech® Learning Laptop
- More than 30% off Thomas & Friends® Train Sets (Thomas & Percy Wooden Starter Set and Great Race Take Along Set, sold separately)
- $60 off iHome® Portable iPod® Docking Station (iPod® sold separately)
- $50 off Sony® 7.2MP Pink Cybershot Digital Camera
Catering to those who want to sleep in and still save big, Toys"R"Us stores nationwide will offer great savings on more than 150 additional items on Friday, November 28 and Saturday, November 29. Following are select examples of the hottest deals available during the company's biggest 2-day sale ever, valid all day Friday, November 28, and Saturday, November 29:
- FREE Smart Animals 2-Pack with the purchase of Smart Animals Scanopedia from Discovery Kids®
- FREE Spiral Train Set with the purchase of Arch Train Table from Imaginarium®
- More than 70% off Nick® Scene It? and Pirates of the Caribbean Scene It?
- More than 65% off Dance Dance Revolution DVD Game and Twister® DVD Game
- Up to 55% off Select Hasbro® Games
- 50% off Star Wars 10" Transformers Millennium Falcon from Hasbro®
- 50% off Barbie® Princess 2-Pack Dolls from Mattel®
- 50% off Infrared Mini R/C Helicopter from Fast Lane
- 50% off iPod® Dock & Clock Radio (iPod® sold separately)
- $9.99 Sale on ALL Skateboards, Helmet & Pads from Channel One®
- $20 off Disney® High School Musical Alarm Clock with iPod® Dock (iPod® sold separately)
- More than $40 off Electric Guitar Pack from First Act®
- $70 off Woodland Climber from Step 2®
- $80 off Picnic on the Patio Playhouse from Little Tikes®
- $500 off Easton 7-foot 2-in-1 Swivel Combo Table
To discover all of the savings available throughout Thanksgiving weekend, holiday shoppers can check out the Toys"R"Us Thanksgiving weekend circular in select newspapers across the country or at www.Toysrus.com beginning Thursday, November 27.
And, to accommodate shoppers, Toys"R"Us stores nationwide will offer the following expanded hours, providing even more time to shop and save than last year:
Toys"R"Us Store Hours for Thanksgiving Weekend:
Friday, November 28 from 5am* – 10pm Saturday, November 29 from 6am – 10pm
*Please note, on Friday, November 28, Toys"R"Us stores in Phoenix, AZ and Las Vegas, NV will open at 12:01am, while Toys"R"Us stores in Paramus, NJ will open at 7am.
About Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer. Currently it sells merchandise through more than 1,500 stores, including 586 Toys"R"Us stores and 262 Babies"R"Us stores in the U.S., more than 700 international stores in 33 countries, which includes licensed and franchise stores, and through its Internet site at www.Toysrus.com.