H&R Block TaxCut Offers Totally Free Federal E-File Without Raising Prices
E-File Up to 5 Federal Returns, Prepare Multiple Returns at No Additional Cost
Kansas City, MO, (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX News Network) -- H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) is setting the industry standard with its release of TaxCut Premium desktop software for tax year 2008, including totally free federal electronic filing (e-File) in all of the software versions, and without raising prices. No one else in the industry is offering this to all of their clients.
With TaxCut 2008, for the one-time purchase price of the TaxCut software version of your choice, you can now prepare and e-File up to the IRS-limit of 5 federal returns, and/or prepare and print multiple returns, at no additional cost. That's right, H&R Block is including free federal e-File without raising prices. With TaxCut, there are no additional fees for multiple federal returns, regardless of whether you choose to e-File or print. In contrast, TurboTax has raised its pricing on all of its software versions, up to $15 on some titles, and is charging a $9.95 per return fee to prepare and e-File or print any additional federal returns after the first return.
"At H&R Block, we understand that in this tough economy, Americans are watching every dollar and don't want to be surprised by additional tax preparation costs or add-on feature fees," stated Sabrina Wiewel, president of Digital Tax at H&R Block. "Customers are telling us that they want transparency in pricing and that they appreciate TaxCut's 'all you can eat' versus 'a la carte' menu."
TaxCut Premium Features & Services
With TaxCut, you also don't have to sacrifice quality for price. All H&R Block TaxCut Premium products are packed with advanced tools and features that today's taxpayers have come to expect from the tax preparation leader. Every TaxCut customer also benefits from the knowledge that comes from H&R Block's one-of-a-kind national network of highly trained tax professionals. In addition, TaxCut Premium Federal software also includes at no additional cost to consumers:
- Ask a Tax Advisor -- Get answers to your specific tax questions via phone or e-mail. One unlimited session on a single tax topic, with one of our highly trained tax professionals is included. No fees or time-limit restrictions like TurboTax imposes.
- Worry-free Audit Support -- In addition to offering guidance, customers also get access to an H&R Block IRS-certified Enrolled Agent* to represent them in the event of an audit. And it's included at no additional charge if you e-File.
Additionally, H&R Block DeductionPro is included with TaxCut. The DeductionPro bonus software helps customers save money on their taxes by assigning values to their donations, and tracking their deductions in a variety of categories. DeductionPro is integrated seamlessly with TaxCut making it easy for customers to transfer their deduction data directly into the TaxCut software.
Pricing and Availability
Our pricing is simple. H&R Block TaxCut eliminates add-on fees for such things as access to professional tax assistance or professional audit support that have for years' troubled do-it-yourself consumers who simply want clarity, confidence and control. H&R Block has realigned the features of its Premium Federal + State + E-File product and lowered the price by $20 from the previous year's comparable product. TurboTax has raised its pricing by $15 for its comparable 2008 Premier product (with one federal e-File included) vs. 2007. Check out the "True Cost of Tax Preparation" comparison link: http://www.digits.hrblock.com/topicsofinterest/efile/truecost.php
TaxCut Premium Federal software offers the following choices:
- TaxCut Premium Federal + E-File: For those preparing only a federal return, plus up to 5 free federal e-Files ($34.95)
- TaxCut Premium Federal + State + E-File: For those preparing a federal and state return who want the best value, and convenience of paying for one federal return and one state return, and including up to 5 free federal e-Files ($49.95)
- TaxCut Home and Business + State + E-File: For those who need to prepare both a 1040 return, as well as a corporate, partnership, or LLC return for their business. E-filing for up to 5 personal federal returns; unlimited business state programs; one personal state program included ($79.95)
H&R Block TaxCut Premium 2008: Best value. Great features. Unbeatable price.
*Enrolled agents do not provide legal representation. For complete details on Worry-free Audit Support go to www.hrblock.com.
About H&R Block
H&R Block Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is the world's preeminent tax services provider, having served more than 400 million clients since 1955 and generating annual revenues of $4.1 billion in fiscal year 2008. H&R Block provides income tax return preparation and related services and products via a nationwide network of approximately 13,000 Company-owned and franchised offices and through TaxCut(R) online and software solutions. The Company also provides business services through RSM McGladrey.
SOURCE: H & R Block