Toys"R"Us Offers 'Gift Card Exchange Program'
Company Offers KB Toys Gift Card Holders a 15% Special Savings Coupon and More Ways to Enjoy Affordable Fun
WAYNE, N.J., Jan. 12 // PRNewswire // -- Toys"R"Us today announced a "Gift Card Exchange Program," allowing customers with KB Toys gift cards the opportunity to take advantage of special savings at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide. KB Toys recently announced that it is no longer accepting its gift cards at KB Toys stores. To help those who may still have KB Toys gift cards, Toys"R"Us stores will welcome customers to exchange their KB Toys gift card for a coupon valid for 15% off any one toy item at Toys"R"Us from now through Saturday, January 31, 2009.*
"We're pleased to offer KB Toys shoppers this special savings opportunity," said Greg Ahearn, Senior Vice President, Marketing and eCommerce, Toys"R"Us, U.S. "We also hope to familiarize KB Toys customers with the advantages of shopping at Toys"R"Us, including our expert customer service and Rewards"R"Us program, which offers added incentives for loyal customers to shop and save on our expansive selection of toys, games and electronics."
After redeeming the 15% Toys"R"Us coupon as part of the "Gift Card Exchange Program," KB Toys customers can continue to find everyday values and affordable fun at Toys"R"Us with unique benefits, including:
- Rewards"R"Us program -- By enrolling in this program in-store or online, customers can take advantage of a variety of exclusive one-time offers and ongoing benefits, including the ability to receive "R"Us Dollars on qualifying purchases through special promotions, access to exclusive member shopping nights, special e-mail discount offers and automated safety notifications.
- Geoffrey's Birthday Club -- To make a child's special day even more memorable, customers can sign up in-store or online to become Geoffrey's Birthday Club members and receive exciting birthday surprises, including a card, gift and personal call from Geoffrey, and much more!**
- Toy experts to help select gifts -- Customers visiting one of the company's 585 Toys"R"Us stores for their gift-giving needs can take advantage of toy-trained experts to ensure they find the perfect gift.
- Best and broadest assortment of toys -- As the toy authority, parents have a better chance of finding the hottest toys and differentiated merchandise, in stock, at Toys"R"Us than anywhere else.
- Multi-faceted online experience -- Toys"R"Us customers have the luxury of shopping from home and utilizing a number of worthwhile online amenities, such as the Gift Finder, Baby Registry, Wish List, Deals Widget application and opportunities to sign up for email alerts about special gifts and deals.
*The gift card exchange can be made at Toys"R"Us stores' Guest Service Center. KB Toys Gift Cards must be surrendered at time of purchase, and only one 15% Toys"R"Us coupon will be granted per gift card surrendered. The 15% Toys"R"Us coupon cannot be combined with any other "R"Us offer for the same item and excludes diapers, formula, Bugaboo(R), videogame hardware, Apple(R) iPods, RobotGalaxy(R) merchandise, computer laptops, gift cards, Kiddie Kandids(R), Motherhood Maternity(R), Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, breast pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. KB Toys stores are operated by KB Toys, Inc. and are not affiliated with Toys"R"Us.
**For more detail on Geoffrey's Birthday Club and membership benefits, please visit http://www.trubdayclub.com/.
About Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer. Currently it sells merchandise through more than 1,500 stores, including 847 Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores in the U.S., more than 700 international stores in 33 countries, which includes licensed and franchise stores, and through its Internet site at http://www.Toysrus.com.