Blockbuster to Host Midnight Events & Blood Drive for DVD Release of 'Twilight'
Twilighters Can "Give A Pint, Get A Pint" To Benefit Those Truly Thirsting For Blood
Dallas,// PRNewswire-FirstCall // -- As the vampire phenomenon "Twilight" is released on DVD, select BLOCKBUSTER stores across the country will host midnight DVD release parties late on Friday, Mar. 20 with a bloodthirsty theme. In addition to picking up "Twilight" to rent or buy when the clock strikes 12:01 a.m. on Mar. 21, fans will be encouraged to "Give A Pint, Get A Pint," donating blood to local blood banks in exchange for a free pint of ice cream for the first 50 donors at the party. Entertainment, "Twilight" themed giveaways and more will also be part of these events.
"The millions of 'Twilight' enthusiasts out there may be different ages and from different parts of the country, but there's one thing we know about all of them: to love this movie, they've got heart," said Alan Ziegel, Sr. Director Retail Film with Blockbuster Inc. "In addition to giving these fans the 'Twilight' movie and products they've been waiting for, Blockbuster wants to give this passionate group the chance to give the life-sustaining gift of blood to local communities."
"Twilight" will be available for rent and purchase both in stores and online at www.blockbuster.com by mail or digital download. The retail DVD will be a special two-disc edition featuring excluded and deleted scenes, cast commentary, a "making of" documentary and music videos by Muse, Paramore and Linkin Park. In addition, stores are offering a BLOCKBUSTER exclusive: a life-sized poster of Edward available for purchase while supplies last. Other "Twilight" must-haves in stores include framed posters of the movie's cast members and "Twilight" Sweethearts Conversation Hearts by NECCO.
Midnight DVD release parties and blood drives will be held in the markets listed below. Fans should contact their local stores for start times, event details and information on how to participate in the blood drive. Some stores will host on-site blood drives with local blood mobiles at the Mar. 20. DVD release parties. Other stores will work with blood banks at their off-site locations between Mar. 16 and Mar. 20, while their midnight events will be on site on Mar. 20.
- Atlanta: 3944 Peachtree Road NE
- Austin: 2110 Slaughter Lane
- Boston: 342 Washington St., Weymouth
- Chicago: 2025 Lincoln Highway, Charles
- Cleveland: 7480 Broadview Road, Parma
- Dallas: 5649 Lebanon Road, Frisco
- Denver: 9871 Parker Road, Parker
- Houston: 588 Sawdust Road, Spring
- Los Angeles: 17945 Chatsworth St., Granada Hills
- Minneapolis: 1539 South Robert St., West St. Paul
- New York: 701 West Montauk Highway, Babylon
- Philadelphia: 1586 N. Kings Highway, Cherry Hill, N.J.
- Phoenix: 3141 South McClintock, Tempe
- Portland: 3955 Southeast Powell Blvd.
- Salt Lake City: 4095 S. Redwood Rd.
- San Francisco: 990 El Camino Real, Belmont
- Seattle: 10640 16th Ave. SW
- St. Louis: 8567 Watson Road, Webster Grove
- Tampa: 13610 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
- Washington, D.C.: 11325 Seven Locks Road, Potomac, Md.
In addition to the stores with midnight release parties and blood drives, hundreds of additional BLOCKBUSTER stores will extend their hours to 1 a.m. so "Twilight" devotees can be among the first to rent or purchase the DVD. Contact local stores for details.
Blockbuster Inc. is a leading global provider of in-home movie and game entertainment, with more than 7,500 stores throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia.
SOURCE: Blockbuster Inc.