A Green Makeover for Office Services
Shipping centers recognize Earth Day with eco-friendly printing and packaging tips; offer voucher for discount on a future shipment
San Diego, Calif. (Grassroots Newswire) - Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. These are words that describe the simple steps people can take to lessen their impact on the environment. And, in honor of Earth Day on April 22nd, shipping centers are encouraging people to enhance the typical green routine by making a few minor changes to the way they print, pack and ship. The business is offering practical tips for reducing material consumption along with a $2.00 voucher good toward a future UPS or FedEx shipment. As a result, the folks at Annex Brands say saving precious resources has never been easier.
"In our professional and personal lives, we depend on paper, plastic and other materials to communicate and transmit goods," said Steve Goble, vice president of marketing communications for Annex Brands, a franchisor of the PostalAnnex+, Handle With Care-Packaging Store, Sunshine Pack & Ship and SPS Moving brands. "Unfortunately, it's all too easy to lose sight of the amount of resources we use when completing these tasks, but by taking a few simple steps, people can greatly reduce excess waste."
Goble adds that making an effort – of any size – can be beneficial to the environment when it comes to reducing the products used to print, pack and ship. For example, the Paper Industry Association Council reports that for every ton of paper recycled, more than 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space is saved. So, whether it's in the form of copying paper or shipping boxes, making some wise choices can have far reaching effects. For people whoa re eager to get started on revamping their office procedures, Goble offers the following tips:
- Fine-tune the Details –Adjust the default style on word processing programs to use slightly smaller font and slightly wider margins. This way, you will be able to fit more text on a sheet a paper.
- Recycle corrugated cardboard – Your waste pickup provider might offer recycling bins for corrugated cardboard boxes in addition to trash bins.
- Downsize – Use the smallest box to fit your packaging needs and you will reduce the amount of internal packaging material you consume and save money on shipping!
- Reuse Materials for Box Fillers –Opt to use newspaper or waste from paper shredders to pad non-breakable items inside boxes, filling all empty space
- Choose Ground – Trucks emit far less emissions than planes, so choose ground shipping whenever you can. Transit times are much shorter than they used to be.
"Earth Day is an ideal time for anyone to adopt new, eco-friendly practices, so we are asking people to incorporate these habits into their current recycling routine," said Goble. "For people who bring packaging peanuts into one of our shipping centers for recycling, we're offering a $2.00 voucher toward a future UPS or FedEx shipment. And with Mother's Day coming around the corner, this might be very handy."
About Annex Brands
Annex Brands, Inc. is a franchisor of the PostalAnnex+, Handle With Care-Packaging Store, Sunshine Pack & Ship and SPS Moving brands. Formerly known as Postal Annex+, Inc, Annex Brands is headquartered in San Diego, California. Its brands offer shipping and business services such as moving van, freight shipping, small parcel and overnight document delivery services, private mailbox rental, notary service, high-speed copying in black & white and color, office supplies, web site/e-commerce services, faxing service, printing, stationery, rubber address stamps, key duplication, greeting cards and assorted gift items, all in a convenient, service-oriented environment.