Toys"R"Us Introduces $1-$2-$3 Fun! Shops In Stores Nationwide, Offering More Ways For Kids And Families To Have Affordable Fun
Dedicated Value Shops Feature an Assortment of Items for $3 and Under, Perfect for Special Occasions or "Just for Fun"
April 03, 2009 // Franchising.com // Wayne, NJ - Toys"R"Us has introduced $1-$2-$3 Fun! feature shops in the front of its stores nationwide to help parents provide even more affordable fun for their kids. Each shop features approximately 100 items for $1, $2 or $3 with themes such as dinosaurs, games and fun toys, princess dress up, musical instruments, art supplies and party favors. The $1-$2-$3 Fun! shops allow parents to stretch their dollars, whether they're commemorating a special occasion or looking for a "just for fun" treat.
"At Toys"R"Us, kids are a big deal, and in addition to special values and promotions on affordable fun throughout the year, we offer the broadest assortment of toys and games to fit every budget. This shop is a natural extension of that assortment," said Karen Dodge, Senior Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer, Toys"R"Us, U.S. "We believe parents will appreciate the exceptional values found in our $1-$2-$3 Fun! shops, and kids will delight in the unique collection of great playthings."
Featured themes and products will be refreshed periodically. Current offerings include:
- Dinosaurs - Kids can use their imaginations and travel back to prehistoric times with dinosaur eggs, glow-in-the-dark figures, stickers and key chains
- Fun Toys - Tic-tac-toe, puzzles, foam darts, a wind-up fishing game and other toys can help pass time on a lengthy trip
- Princess Dress Up - If bling's the thing for a little girl, these mirrors, "diamond" rings, necklaces and tiaras, purses, wands and shoes are sure to delight
- Musical Instruments - With recorders, tambourines, kazoos, harmonicas, bells, saxophones, horns and maracas, putting together a backyard band for the neighborhood kids is easy and affordable
- Art Tools - Perfect for keeping little ones occupied on rainy days, items in this category include coloring books, scratch cards, paintbrushes, paint by number sets, scissors and more
With no toys that cost more than $3, $1-$2-$3 Fun! shops also provide an easy way to stock up on favors for birthday party goody bags. A dedicated party favor section of the shop features multi-packs of bracelets, bubbles, rubber ducks, stickers, whistles, bendable figures and other toys sure to excite young party guests. As the ultimate destination for kids' birthday parties, Toys"R"Us offers parents creative ways to make their child's birthday memorable on www.Birthdaysrus.com, a dedicated resource site that offers complimentary party planning tips and advice, suggested themes, checklists and free, downloadable invitations, birthday cards and thank-you cards, as well as games for kids.
Additional Offerings of Affordable Fun
As THE toy authority, Toys"R"Us has toys and games to fit every budget, with thousands of new and classic toys for $10 and under, $20 and under, $30 and under, and $50 and under. Additionally, parents can take advantage of the following complimentary programs that offer special discounts and services:
Geoffrey's Birthday Club
Through Geoffrey's Birthday Club, a complimentary program designed for kids ages 10 and under, parents receive exciting offers and incentives to help prepare for their child's birthday and kids receive special gifts and greetings from Geoffrey the Giraffe. Four to six weeks in advance of the child's birthday, parents receive a Party Planner with a coupon card to use at any Toys"R"Us store.
Geoffrey's Birthday Club members receive the following for their birthday:
- A birthday card addressed to the child with different styles to suit young girls, young boys, older girls and older boys
- A special present from Geoffrey - a Toys"R"Us coupon card
- A call from Geoffrey, wishing the child a "Happy Birthday"
- Special in-store congratulations and complimentary gifts, including a birthday crown and balloon, as well as a birthday greeting over the loud speaker
Kids and parents can sign up for Geoffrey's Birthday Club through www.Birthdaysrus.com, as well as www.Toysrus.com and in stores nationwide.
Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us also provide value offerings to customers through Rewards"R"Us, a complimentary loyalty membership program that allows customers to take advantage of a variety of exclusive one-time offers and ongoing benefits, deals and promotions.
New Rewards"R"Us offers for Spring 2009 include:
- Diaper Rewards - Members can earn one free value box of Pampers® diapers when nine Pampers value boxes are purchased OR one free value box of Huggies® diapers when nine Huggies value boxes are purchased
- Formula Rewards - Members can earn one free Nestle® Good Start case of 32-oz ready-to-feed formula for every nine Good Start 32-oz ready-to-feed cases purchased OR one free can of Good Start powder formula 24-oz. or larger when nine cans of Good Start powder formula 24-oz. or larger are purchased
- American Greetings® - Beginning in April 2009, members can earn a certificate for one free greeting card when five cards are purchased
About Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer. Currently it sells merchandise through more than 1,550 stores, including 846 Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores in the U.S., more than 700 international stores in 32 countries, which includes licensed and franchise stores, and through its Internet sites, Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and babyuniverse.com. The company also operates the parenting resource website, ePregnancy.com.