T.G.I. Friday's(R) Restaurants to Treat Moms to Free Dessert on Mother's Day
And the Bonus - All Give Me More Stripes™ Members to Receive Buy One, Get One Free Certificate
Carrollton, Texas, // PRNewswire // -- After treating over 50,000 moms across the United States to free dessert last year on Mother's Day, T.G.I. Friday's restaurants today announced it will do it again: treat moms to their choice of free dessert with the purchase of an entree at more than 600 participating U.S. restaurants.
In addition, any of the more than 840,000 members of Friday's guest recognition program, Give Me More Stripes (www.givememorestripes.com), who eat at Friday's on Mother's Day will receive via email a one-time-use Buy One Entree, Get One Free coupon redeemable through May 31. The coupon is required for redemption.
Moms can choose the Friday's® Brownie Obsession, a warm and moist brownie topped with rich vanilla ice cream or Spiced Up Cupcakes, which features all of the sweetness and spice of pumpkin pie wrapped up in two pumpkin applesauce spice cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting and garnished with chopped pecans and served with a side of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. The cupcakes were inspired by Lisa Roman, a 34-year-old artist and Army wife from Roswell, Georgia, whose original recipe was judged to be best in class by a panel of food experts on Food Network's "Ultimate Recipe Showdown."
"When you bring mom to Friday's on Mother's Day and buy her lunch or dinner, we'll throw in a delicious dessert for free," said Andrew Jordan, senior vice president of marketing for T.G.I. Friday's USA. "She can choose to feed her obsession or spice it up. It's her day and we'll top off a perfect Mother's Day meal with one sweet deal. Plus, we'll send a Buy One Entree, Get One Free coupon to all Give Me More Stripes members who visit Friday's on Mother's Day."
Friday's will also treat Give Me More Stripes™ members to double points all day on Mother's Day. Friday's awards members stripes for dollars spent (excluding alcohol only purchases). Normally, for every $100 spent members receive 100 stripes. For each 100 stripes earned, members receive an $8 gift certificate. With double stripes being awarded on Mother's Day members can receive an $8 certificate for every $50 spent since every dollar equals two stripes ($50 = 100 stripes = $8 gift certificate).
About Give Me More Stripes
The only nationwide in-restaurant program of its kind with more than 840,000 members in the US, Give Me More Stripes offers the following perks at participating restaurants:
- Personalized & customized membership card
- Free appetizer or dessert coupon after sign-up (up to $8 value)
- One-time use jump-the-line-pass
- $8 certificate for every $100 spent (excluding alcohol-only purchases)
- Exclusive communication about specials and food/drink previews
In addition, members have been treated to the following:
- Complimentary members-only food such as chips and dip and hummus and chips
- Free takeaway snacks like Cheddar and Bacon Potato Skins
- Free dessert during Black Friday Weekend
- Red and white chips at the World's Largest Inauguration Party
- Double stripes on special party days throughout the year
- $5 coupons off Ultimate Recipe Showdown entrees
- Free Crispy Bean Fries as part of The Game We Can't Name Eve party
- Free birthday dessert with the purchase of an entree
- Voting privileges to determine the All-American Drink
- Free Spiced Up Cupcakes on Valentine's Day with the purchase of two entrees
- Free order of Cajun Crispy Green Bean Fries at Mardi Gras Friday's Style Party
- Free half order of Loaded Potato Skins during Friday's St. Patrick's Day party
- Double stripes during April as part of International Customer Appreciation Month
- Exclusive coupon offers such as one cent appetizers and one dollar entrees
About Carlson Restaurants Worldwide
Carlson Restaurants Worldwide Inc., the parent company of T.G.I. Friday's Inc., is a privately held company owned by Minneapolis-based Carlson, a world leader in the hospitality, travel and marketing industries. As of April 2009, Carlson Restaurants Worldwide owns, operates, franchises or licenses more than 1,000 restaurants in 60 countries.
is a unique lifestyle network and Web site that strives to be way more than cooking. The network is committed to exploring new and different ways to approach food - through pop culture, competition, adventure, and travel - while also expanding its repertoire of technique-based information. Food Network is distributed to more than 98 million U.S. households and averages more than 9 million unique Web site users monthly. Food Network programming is available internationally in more than 150 countries. Food Network is headquartered in New York, and maintains offices in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit and Knoxville, Tenn. Scripps Networks Interactive , which also owns and operates HGTV DIY Network Great American Country (www.gactv.com) and Fine Living Network, is the manager and general partner.
SOURCE: T.G.I. Friday's USA