Century 21 Real Estate Launches "C21 Communities", A Social Media Platform
Bundled Web 2.0 Tools Enable Online Conversations Between Agents and Consumers
April 27, 2009 // Franchising.com // PARSIPPANY, N.J.-- Century 21 Real Estate LLC, the franchisor of the world's largest residential real estate sales organization, today announced the launch of C21 Communities, its new social media platform. C21 Communities is available directly from the company's Web site, www.century21.com, and this new platform bundles a dynamic set of social media tools designed to enable online conversations between its agents and consumers, including:
- Talks, an online interactive advice forum,
- C21 Talk Radio, an online radio channel for consumers interested in real estate, and
- CENTURY 21® social networking sites on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube.
"Social media offers a powerful new way to reach consumers," said Bev Thorne, senior vice president of marketing for Century 21 Real Estate LLC. "It is dramatically changing the way that we market our brand and it opens up an entirely new space for our brokers and agents to market their properties and services. By taking a leadership position in this space, we are positioning our System members for success with the next generation of home buyers and sellers."
For a demonstration of how CENTURY 21 is leveraging its new social media platform:
- Listen to an interview with Thorne and BlogTalkRadio president and co-founder Alan Levy on C21 Talk Radio, "C21 Communities: A Social Media Platform," that details the company's aggressive push into the social media space.
- Go right to the top to ask your real estate question. CENTURY 21 Real Estate LLC president and CEO Tom Kunz will host the "Ask Tom" radio show broadcast live on C21 Talk Radio from 6-7 p.m. EDT on April 30. To participate, call 1.877.C21.2101 (877.221.2101) during the live program or call anytime to record your real estate question.
- Join CENTURY 21 for a "Tweetup" in San Francisco on April 28 to engage consumers directly and solicit their feedback on C21 Communities. Details of the San Francisco Tweetup will be made available via Twitter.com/C21RealEstate. To follow the event live, search twitter hash tag #c21sftu.
"We developed C21 Communities with the goal of opening up an online conversation with the consumer," said Thorne. "Just as CENTURY 21 was the first national real estate franchise to advertise on television, we will continue to take a leadership position as we expand our capabilities in the social media space."
About Century 21 Real Estate LLC
Century 21 Real Estate LLC is the franchisor of the world's largest residential real estate sales organization, providing comprehensive training, management, administrative and marketing support for the CENTURY 21 System. The System is comprised of more than 8,500 independently owned and operated franchised broker offices in 64 countries and territories worldwide. Century 21 Real Estate LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, a global provider of real estate and relocation services.
© 2009 Century 21 Real Estate LLC, A Realogy Company. CENTURY 21® Is A Registered Trademark Licensed To Century 21 Real Estate LLC. An Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each CENTURY 21 Office is Independently Owned and Operated.