HometownTimes.com Recognized by Atlanta Business Chronicle As One of Atlanta's Top 25 Franchises
Company Launches 513 Online Newspapers Creating National Network Of News, Information and Events Sites
Cumming, GA (January 20, 2009) - Online news is becoming the hottest tend on the Internet today, and at the close of 2008, for the very first time, people receiving their news online surpassed those using print media. In fact, in the under-30 age group, the Internet has surpassed even television as a source for information, in general.
HometownTimes.com, a national online news and community publications franchisor, launched 513 local online newspapers across the United States in early January and most recently ranked number ten in a listing of 'Atlanta's Top 25 Franchises' compiled by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, as published on January 16, 2009.
"Atlanta is home to more headquartered franchisors than any city in the country - and Georgia is fourth to California, Texas, and Florida as a state hosting the most franchise corporate offices," said Paul Baron, President and CEO of HometownTimes.com, "so this new ranking by the Atlanta Business Chronicle is a tremendous honor and reflects Hometowntimes.com's growth potential, as much as the reality of our 513 locations nationwide thus far. Our recent launch of more than 500 sites across the country is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of our ability to provide comprehensive news coverage with a local, hometown flavor, the number of entrepreneurs we attract who desire to become small business owners, and advertisers seeking the best value for their advertising dollar."
In operation since 2003, HometownTimes.com launched its debut site, CummingHome.com, and has been expanding throughout Georgia and into adjacent Southeastern states before recently going live nationwide. "Given our coast-to-coast presence, HometownTimes.com offers entrepreneurs an unparalleled opportunity to own and grow a small business despite grim economic times," explained Baron. "The promise of a Hometowntimes.com franchise is to serve its community with the online resource that will address the concerns and lives of the local residents and support the growth of its small businesses. A Hometowntimes.com franchise opportunity is affordable and accessible, relative to other opportunities that may be out of reach right now, and the sky's the limit regarding profitability. The thirst for news will never be quenched, and online is the place to be. It's a great time to harness the technology and create thousands of jobs at the local level in these times," he continued.
With the company's nationwide launch, HometimeTimes.com also welcomes several new business partnerships, all designed to enhance the online news experience for site owners, readers and advertisers. HometownTimes.com partners, to date, include:
- TinBu -- an interactive content provider that uses patent-pending technology to enable seamless integration of interactive data content, providing online visitors with real-time information on topics including local weather, recipes, gas prices, celebrity entertainment, flight tracking, stocks, finance, MPG Analysis content and more.
- eQuanta - a leading online integrated marketing company focused on local, regional and national online newspapers, specifically providing HometownTimes.com sites with consumer coupons from leading consumer package goods manufacturers. The SmartSource Online brand is expected to be the leading coupon provider by the end of 2009.
- Tremor Media - a leading online video advertising network providing advertisers with both in-banner and in-stream video advertising opportunities on more than 1,400 top-tier publisher sites with more than 135 million unique visitors per month.
- Event-Seek - a resource that helps organizations deliver event and activity information effectively to consumers. The company is based on three core objectives: accessing desirable information should be easy; enhancing accessibility is a function of understanding user habits and needs; engaging a user requires both simplicity and elegance.
- Google - shared revenue click-through advertising
"HometownTimes.com is excited to welcome our newest partners, as we forge a path together to provide a network of excellence in online community news, keeping our mission in mind, to strengthen small towns and counties by giving residents a reliable place to discover fresh local news, build relationships through the exchange of information and ideas and to promote local businesses," commented Baron.
HomeTownTimes.com is a national online news and community publications franchisor, currently operating more than 500 internet-based news sites across the United States. The mission of the Georgia-headquartered business is to bring local communities together via a convenient portal that provides free access to local news, information exchange, community forums and advertising. Each individual HomeTownTimes.com online news publication is a community hub for home town events, Internet forums, classified ads, business directories, photo galleries, sports, health news, coupons and feature stories about local events, people and businesses. Independent small businesses, large franchisors, and companies with a national footprint will all find their hyper-local targeted audience for their products or services through HomeTownTimes.com ad placements, videos, original content articles of interest, and news of local events associated with their business. Franchise opportunities are available.