Choice Hotels Awards Eight Elite Franchisees with Top Honors at Company's 55th Annual Convention
Worldwide Lodging Franchisor Names Four Developer of the Year and Four Premiere Alliance Award Winners
Silver Spring, Md. // PRNewswire-FirstCall // -- Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) recently announced eight elite franchisee award winners at its 55th Annual Convention held last week at National Harbor in Washington, D.C. Included in the inaugural awards were four Developer of the Year award recipients and four Premiere Alliance award winners.
"These awards signify our appreciation of the tremendous commitment of these hotel owners to the Choice Hotels brands," said Stephen P. Joyce, president and chief executive officer for Choice Hotels. "The ongoing performance of these properties is exemplary. These owners continue to excel in the areas of hotel development, hotel performance and collaboration with Choice and should be proud to receive this recognition of accomplishment."
The company's Developer of the Year award serves to recognize the best developers within the Choice Hotels system. The Premiere Alliance awards recognize exceptional franchisees that have and continue to develop properties within the Choice family of hotel brands, live up to the brand promise through excellent property performance and are active in the franchise community. Both the Premiere Alliance and Developer of the Year award winners are hotel owners who are truly committed to the brand and work closely with Choice Hotels to enhance their brand's success. The 2009 award winners include:
- Top Developer of the Year - Champ Patel, Champion Hotels.
- Cambria Suites Developer of the Year - Dan Hansen, president, Summit Group.
- Core Brands Developer of the Year - Dr. Ashok Dhabuwala, New Generation Hospitality.
- Extended Stay Developer of the Year - Naresh J. Hajari, owner, Suburban Extended Stay hotels of Avondale, La. and LaPlace, La.
- Premiere Alliance, Cambria Suites - Sean Leatherman, vice president, American Hospitality Group.
- Premiere Alliance, Extended Stay - David Lee, president, Lee Hospitality.
- Premiere Alliance, Economy Brands - Charlie Brooks, owner, Econo Lodge hotels of Macclenny, Live Oak and Tallahassee, Fla.; owner, Comfort Suites Maingate East hotel of Kissimmee, Fla.
- Premiere Alliance, Core Brands - Sam Patel of Krupa Associates
Choice Hotels would like to congratulate the 2009 inaugural Developer of the Year and Premiere Alliance award winners and looks forward to the great work and service these exemplary hotel owners will continue to set forth.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International franchises more than 5,800 hotels, representing more than 475,000 rooms, in the United States and more than 30 countries and territories. As of March 31, 2009, 896 hotels are under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in the United States, representing 70,381 rooms, and an additional 111 hotels, representing 9,114 rooms, are under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in more than 15 countries and territories. The company's Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn brands serve guests worldwide. In addition, via its Ascend Collection membership program, travelers in the United States and the Caribbean have upscale lodging options at historic, boutique and unique hotels.
Choice Hotels, Choice Hotels International, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn and Ascend Collection are proprietary trademarks and service marks of Choice Hotels International.
SOURCE Choice Hotels International, Inc.