Domino's Consumers Vote Philly Cheese Steak Their Favorite Domino's American Legends Pizza
Domino's Pizza Tracker finds consumers don't necessarily vote their "regional pizza" their favorite pizza
ANN ARBOR, Mich. // PRNewswire // -- Domino's American Legends(TM) may be inspired by tastes found throughout the country, but Domino's Pizza was curious if consumers would vote their "regional" pizza their favorite pizza. Via Domino's exclusive Pizza Tracker poll, Domino's asked consumers to vote for their favorite Domino's American Legend pizza. With over 14,000 total responses, Domino's divided the results into four U.S. regions, East, West, South and Midwest, to find that Philly Cheese Steak took home the prize in three out of the four regions.
Consumers in the East, South and Midwest may prefer Philly Cheese Steak pizza but consumers in the West voted Honolulu Hawaiian their favorite, which came in second place overall. Out of the 14,000 total responses, 3,374 consumers voted for the Philly Cheese Steak, 2,657 voted for the Honolulu Hawaiian and 2,040 voted for the Cali Chicken Bacon Ranch.
"We were curious if people preferred their famous regional taste or enjoyed a taste they may not find in their hometown," said Jenny Fouracre, Domino's Pizza spokesperson. "In the end, it looks like that Philly Cheese Steak craving happens throughout the country."
Domino's American Legends pizzas are available in seven varieties:
- Philly Cheese Steak--Steak, onions, green peppers and mushrooms with provolone and American cheeses on a cheesy provolone crust
- Pacific Veggie--Roasted red peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and black olives, with feta, mozzarella and provolone cheese on a cheesy parmesan crust
- Honolulu Hawaiian--Sliced ham, smoked bacon, juicy pineapple, and roasted red peppers with provolone and mozzarella cheese on a cheesy parmesan crust
- Fiery Hawaiian--Sliced ham, smoked bacon, juicy pineapple, roasted red peppers, hot sauce, jalapenos and mozzarella cheese on a cheesy parmesan crust
- Cali Chicken Bacon Ranch--Chicken breast, white sauce, smoked bacon, tomatoes and parsley with provolone cheese and mozzarella cheese on a cheesy provolone crust
- Memphis BBQ Chicken--Chicken breast, barbeque sauce, onions, and parsley with provolone, mozzarella and cheddar cheese on a cheesy cheddar crust
- Buffalo Chicken--Chicken breast, Buffalo hot sauce, onions and parsley with provolone and American cheese on a cheesy cheddar crust
About Domino's Pizza
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." Through its primarily locally-owned and operated franchised system, Domino's operates a network of 8,773 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and 60 international markets. The Domino's Pizza brand, named a Megabrand by Advertising Age magazine, had global retail sales of over $5.5 billion in 2008, comprised of nearly $3.1 billion domestically and over $2.4 billion internationally. Domino's Pizza was named "Chain of the Year" by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication of the pizza industry. In 2009, Domino's was named number one in customer satisfaction in a survey of consumers of the U.S. largest limited service restaurants, according to the annual American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
SOURCE Domino's Pizza