5 Quick (and Free) Fixes for Your Messy Closet
Closets by Design Professionals Offer No-Cost Clutter Busters
July 24, 2009 // Franchising.com // Professional organization systems installed by Closets by Design are helping consumers across the U.S. get organized and the company's professional designers offer up expert advice to help clients keep their closets uncluttered. Here are five simple tips from the pros that every consumer can use:
- An Operating System Isn't Just for the Office – Organize your clothes by color or by casual to formal and then hang like-types of clothing together (i.e. shirts, pants, skirts, etc.).
- Make the Shoe Fit – Squeeze in more shoes per shelf by arranging pairs with one toe facing out, one toe facing in. If you like to keep your shoes in boxes, make sure you the label the original box or use clear storage containers.
- When Seasons Change, it's Time to Rearrange – Rotate your fall & winter clothes with your spring & summer clothes. Store the out-of-season clothes in covered clothing racks in the attic or basement or flat storage boxes under your bed.
- If You Don't Use It, Lose It – If you're hanging onto that pair of jeans that will fit only if you lose 10 pounds, donate them. Once you shed the weight, you can buy a new, trendy pair. Get rid of stretched out bathing suits, worn out shoes, and that pair of pants you've been planning to alter for months now. Cutting the clutter will automatically make you more organized and efficient.
- It's Not Your Closet, It's You – Get into a routine of straightening up your closet the same time each day. Whether its before work, after work, or before you go to bed, don't wait to put your shoes away or hang your clothes until you can't see your closet (or bedroom) floor.
About Closets by Design
Since 1982, Closets by Design has built a reputation as the nation's leader in the closet organizing and storage remodeling industry. The company offers customers comprehensive solutions to all their organizational needs in a short and simple process by designing, building and installing custom home offices, closets, garage cabinets, wall units, laundries, pantries, wardrobe mirror doors and other home organization systems. Closets by Design offers a wide selection of finishes, accessories and hardware. There are currently 33 franchise locations serving major markets across the country.