Jiffy Lube International Honors Exceptional Franchisees and Employees at 30th Anniversary Convention
Names Franchisee of the Year and Honors Outstanding Achievements at Celebration
HOUSTON, Sept. 22 // PRNewswire // -- During a celebration of 30 years as the nation's leading fast-lube company, Jiffy Lube International (JLI) named CB Squared Services Inc. its Franchisee of the Year. Mike Day, president of CB Squared Services, Inc., accepted the prestigious award at the company's annual convention late last month in Washington D.C. The event commemorated the iconic brand's 30(th) anniversary and honored outstanding franchisees and their employees, as well as JLI employees, for their commitment to excellence.
The Franchisee of the Year is awarded to a franchisee who best exemplifies the Jiffy Lube brand. CB Squared Services, Inc. received recognition for strong performance and commitment -- always challenging colleagues and employees to improve, innovating, testing and developing new products and services at every opportunity. CB Squared also provides strong employee training and support, and places a great value on a high level of customer satisfaction.
JLI presented several other prestigious awards including the Presidential Recognition Award, which celebrates the outstanding achievements of a Jiffy Lube store manager. Roxanne Pierce from Commonwealth Lubes, store #845 in Jacksonville, NC, was honored for flawlessly managing the daily responsibilities of her store, consistently executing Jiffy Lube standards at an exceptional level and maintaining a high employee retention rate.
The 2009 District Managers of the Year awards -- based on positive financial impact on their district franchisees' businesses, outstanding support in franchisee operations, and business insights -- were given to Jay Rager (Eastern Division) and Kurt Malm (Western Division).
Dedication, Compassion, Respect, and Integrity
- The Harold Burney Award honors a franchisee who has shown hard work and dedication to Jiffy Lube and fellow franchisees. Joe Menendez of Cape Cod Ventures and Bay State Ventures was honored for consistently offering advice and mentoring fellow franchisees on various business issues.
- The Arlene Karlson Heart and Soul Award honors a late franchisee known for her compassion toward employees and meaningful contributions to the community. This year's recipient, Karn Jilek of JK Lube Inc., was honored for her community involvement including disaster relief efforts. She has served two years as Board Chair for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in North Dakota, and serves on the Business Training Committee of her local Chamber of Commerce.
- The Jon Harvey Memorial Award honors a franchisee who epitomizes the finest qualities of Integrity, Intensity, and Intimacy. This year's award was presented to Chris Burns of STC Management, Inc.
- This year, JLI established the Lisa Carlson Mentor Award, honoring its former Global Director of Marketing, Lisa Carlson. The award recognizes an individual who has significantly impacted the development of Jiffy Lube employees. Beverley Shuck, an employee of Lubricar, Inc., was honored for being a true champion for career development including organizing loan assistance programs and starting a new employee evaluation program that supports employees excelling at their job.
Additional franchisee award winners included:
- People Award: Mike Biddle and Robert Curry of Alamitos Group were recognized for always putting their employees in a position to excel. They go the extra mile for employees, providing a comprehensive training program and offering outstanding benefits.
- Customer Excellence Award: Keith Mortensen of Lubricar, Inc. was recognized for his dedication to providing an exceptional customer experience, collecting feedback from customers and sharing it with his staff to constantly improve the service delivered.
- Operations Award: Gordon Ord of Ord Enterprises, Ltd. embodies the gold standard for running a Jiffy Lube service center and was recognized for excellence in store cleanliness, attention to operations improvement, local marketing and personal attention to customers.
- Fleet Growth Award: Joe Menendez of Menendez Group was recognized for his incredible local fleet sales growth.
- Facilities Award: Alan Engelmeyer and Jamie Hall of Doorknob Enterprises were recognized for developing best-in-class service centers including unique designs for the customer lounges and transaction areas, as well as new employee uniforms.
All Star Employees
The employee team or "J-Team" from Des Moines, Iowa, store #138 was crowned the first-ever J-Team All Star Grand Champion. The Jiffy Lube J-Team All Stars competition celebrates teamwork, enthusiasm and dedication by challenging participants in a series of service competitions. Store #138's J-Team members include Tyler Ollerich, Kyle Lloyd, Rudy Ezekias, Sam Walker, and John Bruce. Store #138 is owned by Ord Enterprises. The team beat out two other finalists, winning a $10,000 team grand prize and the title of J-Team All Star Grand Champion. The finalists had to display their teamwork and skills by performing a Jiffy Lube Signature Service(R) Oil Change for two customers at the competition, and were judged on quality of service performed and how well they delivered a WOW customer experience.
To find a Jiffy Lube in your area, please visit Locations.JiffyLube.com. Visit JiffyLube.com to find oil change coupons and promotions, Jiffy Lube news articles, community involvement programs and events, franchise information, and employment opportunities.
Note to Editors: Photos of award winners are available upon request.
About Jiffy Lube(R)
Jiffy Lube International Inc. ("Jiffy Lube"), with more than 2,000 franchised service centers in North America, serves approximately 24 million customers each year. Jiffy Lube pioneered the fast oil change industry in 1979 by establishing the first drive-through service bay, providing customers with fast, professional service for their vehicles. Headquartered in Houston, Jiffy Lube is a wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Shell Oil Company. Visit www.JiffyLube.com to learn more about Jiffy Lube and vehicle care.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements, that are subject to risk factors associated with the oil, gas, power, chemicals and renewables business. It is believed that the expectations reflected in these statements are reasonable, but may be affected by a variety of variables which could cause actual results, trends or reserves replacement to differ materially, including, but not limited to: price fluctuations, actual demand, currency fluctuations, drilling and production results, reserve estimates, loss of market, industry competition, environmental risks, physical risks, risks associated with the identification of suitable potential acquisition properties and targets and the successful negotiation and consummation of transactions, the risk of doing business in developing countries, legislative, fiscal and regulatory developments including potential litigation and regulatory effects arising from recategorisation of reserves, economic and financial market conditions in various countries and regions, political risks, project delay or advancement, approvals and cost estimates.
Please refer to the Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2007 (as amended) for a description of certain important factors, risks and uncertainties that may affect the Shell Group's businesses. Neither Royal Dutch Shell plc nor any member of the Shell Group undertakes any obligation to publicly update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or other information.
Cautionary Note to US Investors:
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission ('SEC') permits oil and gas companies, in their filings with the SEC, to disclose only proved reserves that a company has demonstrated by actual production or conclusive formation tests to be economically and legally producible under existing economic and operating conditions. We use certain terms in this presentation, such as "expected producible resources" and "amount of reserves we expect to produce," that the SEC's guidelines strictly prohibit us from including in filings with the SEC. SOURCE Jiffy Lube International