Starwood Auction Offers Insider Access to the Hottest Events Money Can't Buy
The Starwood Preferred Guest® On-Line Auction Goes Live with a New Line Up of Exclusive Opportunities to Meet the Jonas Brothers, Walk the Red Carpet at the People's Choice Awards and Dine with NFL Hall of Famer Vince Papale
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) and its award-winning loyalty program, Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) invites members to come behind the velvet rope at this season's hottest events – all without spending a cent.
Today, the SPG Moments pre-holiday line-up debuts with a variety of exclusive experiences up for auction, including tickets to the upcoming Jonas Brothers concert in London, plus a meet and greet with the band. Other highlights from this season's auction include sideline seats to the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, an exclusive dinner with NFL legend Vince Papale and insider access to the People's Choice Awards and after party in Los Angeles.
The groundbreaking SPG Moments program launched in 2007, and since thousands of members have transformed their Starpoints® into extraordinary lifestyle events. Through Moments, SPG members have gained insider access to red carpet movie premieres, closed rehearsals with today's top music artists, private dinners with world-renowned chefs, rounds of golf with PGA TOUR pros and more.
"What is so special about SPG Moments is that it provides opportunities for our members to connect with their passions – or those of their friends and family – in a very unique way," said Chris Holdren, Senior Vice President of Starwood Preferred Guest. "SPG Moments is about the father who becomes a hero in his daughter's eyes for giving her the chance to meet the Jonas Brothers backstage. Or the wife who is able fulfill her husband's lifetime dream of watching his favorite NBA team courtside. It's about opening access to these once-in-a-lifetime experiences that people will share and treasure forever."
SPG Moments up for auction now:
Arts and Lifestyle
- Jonas Brothers in London: Premium tickets to the concert on November 21 plus a Meet and Greet with the Jonas Brothers.
- American Music Awards: Access to the AMA pre-party and passes to the AMA rehearsal, plus platinum access to premium floor tickets to the AMA show on November 22 in Los Angeles.
- People's Choice Awards 2010: VIP tickets on the floor, the chance to walk the red carpet and passes to the after party at the only major awards show where fans celebrate their favorites in movies, music and television on January 6 in Los Angeles.
- Jersey Boys Tickets Backstage Pass: Premium orchestra seats to the December 4 performance of one of the hottest shows on Broadway, plus a backstage tour and Meet and Greet with one of the Jersey Boys' stars.
- Sporting Events and Celebrity Sports Clinics
- LA Kings VIP Package: Premium Seats to the LA Kings game on December 12, plus a photo on ice and Meet and Greet with Hall of famer Luc Robatille.
- Sheraton Hawaii Bowl: Tickets to the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl on December 19. Suite accommodations at the Sheraton Waikiki for six nights plus sideline seats for the 2009 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl and passes to the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl Heineken Beach Party Barbecue.
- Dinner with Hall of Famer Vince Papale: Exclusive dinner with former NFL wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles on January 16, plus an autographed copy of "Invincible," the feature film based on his football achievements.
- Meet and Greet with Chicago Basketball Star Joakim Noah: Tickets for half court seating to Noah's game on December 12 with courtside access to pre-game warm-ups and meet and greet.
About Starwood Preferred Guest
The SPG program's breakthrough policy of No Blackout Dates at the world's most sought after collection of hotels, reinvented the hospitality loyalty program when it launched in 1999. By creating a program centered on its members, SPG has developed the most passionate and knowledgeable membership base in the hotel loyalty space. Through its use of new technologies and innovative channels such as SPG.com, SPG.com/flights, thelobby.com and others, SPG continues to innovate and lead the industry. By offering No Blackouts on standard rooms at 940 properties, No Blackouts on hundreds of airlines, and once in a lifetime experiences available through SPG Moments, the program has proven to be a big draw for the world's most frequent travelers, and a significant competitive advantage for Starwood. For more information about Starwood Preferred Guest please visit SPG.com or call (877) – STARWOOD.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 960 properties in 97 countries and 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and ElementSM. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts.
Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.