PuroClean Achieves International Expansion, Record Franchise Growth in 2009
December 01, 2009 // Franchising.com // Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Bucking the trend of most U.S. businesses in a tremulous 2009, PuroClean, the nation's fastest growing property emergency services franchise, enjoyed a record-setting year, opening 89 new franchise locations and more than $90 million in revenues, up from $68 million in 2008. Most impressive were sales gains at existing franchise locations, up an astounding 31 percent from 2008 to 2009.
"2009 proved to be a very prosperous year, where we not only met but exceeded many of our goals," said Keith Gerson, President and COO of PuroClean. "Considering the historic unemployment rates and crisis in the U.S. financial markets in the last 12 months, we are very proud of our achievements and those of our franchise owners."
The year was marked with impressive franchise growth, improved processes, and while other companies were downsizing, PuroClean added key members to their executive team to stay ahead of their growth curve. Some of the most notable milestones include:
- PuroSystems, Inc., franchisor of PuroClean, achieved record earnings for the fifth straight year.
- Debut of a new Canadian headquarters and the launch of an aggressive expansion strategy calling for 40 franchise locations throughout Canada in the next 48 months.
- Opening of PuroClean's 300th franchise location.
- Reduction in franchisee turnover to a record low of 5 percent, well below the average 12-15 percent reported by the International Franchise Association (IFA).
- The highest customer experience performance rating in the industry, with a 93 percent Net Promoter Score®.
- Introduction of robust systems including Distance Learning System – PuroClean Academy and Customer Experience System (PACE – PuroClean Achieving Customer Excellence).
Looking ahead, PuroClean executives set lofty goals for 2010, with plans to open an additional 95 North American franchise locations and to expand into new U.S. markets, including New Orleans, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Santa Fe, NM; Albuquerque, NM; Wichita, KS and Topeka, KS.
Since its 2001 inception, PuroClean, the nation's fastest growing franchise in the $212 billion property damage restoration industry, has grown to more than 300 franchise locations serving the U.S. and Canada. Known as the "Paramedics of Property Damage™" among insurance professionals and property owners, PuroClean certified technicians provide emergency services to restore properties damaged by water, fire, smoke, mold, and biohazard events. With 2009 system-wide revenues of more than $90 million, PuroClean continues to attract entrepreneurial-minded individuals looking for a personally and financially rewarding business opportunity in the recession-proof insurance property claims industry. Entrepreneur magazine ranked PuroClean #43 Fastest Growing, and #28 Top Home Based Franchise in its coveted 2009 Franchise 500® ranking of top franchise companies in the world, while Inc. magazine ranked PuroClean 2,058 on its third annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies. PuroClean also received the prestigious Franchise Research Institute's World Class Franchise™ designation for the fourth consecutive year in 2008.
Add to Request List