First National Urgent Care Franchise Opens in Beaumont to Redefine Healthcare
Business Brains Hope to Change Industry Not Known for Speed or Efficiency
Beaumont, TX --(PR.com)-- At a time when Congress is debating different ways to overhaul the nation's health care system, two local business owners will use their business backgrounds to create a new remedy for Beaumont's ailing health care system. Doctors Express, the first national urgent care franchise, will open in Beaumont later this month and redefine the patient experience; eliminating long waits associated with doctor's office or emergency room visits. The owners will use a business approach to deliver affordable, efficient, non emergency treatment to almost anyone who walks in. The Doctors Express franchise will do for urgent care, what, say, Pearl Vision did for glasses.
The Beaumont Doctors Express walk-in medical center will differ from the roughly 8,000 other urgent cares across the nation by offering a broad range of treatment and services on the spot that are not available at other urgent care centers. Under one roof, experienced physicians will diagnose and treat illnesses as well as x-ray and set broken bones. The center will also include on-site labs that will produce quick test results for ailments such as mono and strep. In addition, the average wait time to see a physician will only take 15 – 20 minutes. And unlike other minor care centers, where patients can, at times, be subject to co-pays in excess of $150, Doctors Express insured patients will pay a smaller urgent care co-pay of typically $20 - $50.
Owners Aaron and Gina Plaunty, who both possess business management and administration experience, will use their business acumen to run their center effectively by placing a high premium on red carpet customer service and producing high quality examination reports. The Plaunty's have hired local physician Dr. Chad Hammett as their Doctors Express Medical Director. They chose Dr. Hammett, the 2009 Christus St. Mary's Dr. Congeniality award winner, because his track record proves he is capable of providing their patients with efficient, compassionate, and high quality care.
"Beaumont needs a fresh approach to medical service. We believe that Doctors Express is the solution because each franchise location represents an efficient and affordable alternative for minor care patients," says Aaron Plaunty who plans to open more centers in the next year. "Most patients want to get treated by experienced physicians without sitting all day in a waiting room. Doctors Express is an efficient, low cost alternative to health care for those patients."
- 46 million Americans (1/6 of the population) do not have medical insurance and many do not have a primary physician of choice.
- The American Medical Association reports it takes an average of 18 days to get an appointment with an internist and 30 days for an appointment with a specialist.
- A study by the Physicians Foundation found the number of primary care physicians is shrinking because nearly ½ of our nation's primary care docs, including pediatricians plan to stop practicing or reduce the number of patients they see over the next 3 years.
- The CDC attributes the increase in ER visits partly to the difficulty patients have getting an appointment with their primary physician.
- The Doctors Express Difference
- All patients are handled in a single visit: for example, initial doctor's exam, lab work, x-rays, bone setting.
- Every patient is seen by experienced physicians who are trained to handle severity of illnesses from Level 1 – Level 4. Most urgent care centers don't handle Level 4 cases.
- Services are affordable and most insurance, including Medicare, is accepted.
The Doctors Express Beaumont urgent care center will open mid December 2009 at 3195 Dowlen Road Suite #105 in Beaumont near the intersection of Delaware St. and Dowlen Rd. Hours: Monday-Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM and Sunday 8 AM to 5 PM.
Doctors Express was founded in Baltimore in 2005 by an emergency room physician seeking a more efficient, affordable and personable system for urgent care patients. Doctors Express walk in medical centers are sweeping across the country as America's first nationally branded urgent care centers. The long term goal of Doctors Express is to have some 3,000 centers across the nation, with the Doctors Express logo as recognizable as McDonald's golden arches no matter where you travel in the U.S. "So far, Doctors Express franchise owners typically come from the business world, with a medical background not necessary, but certainly helpful, says Doctors Express franchise developer Doug Schadle. "People like the Plauntys with good management and business skills can efficiently run a medical center because they're used to delivering quality , timely service with customer satisfaction the number one goal. The medical industry definitely needs this." Much like an emergency room, Doctors Express is a full 4 stage urgent care facility with physicians on staff. We provide state- of- the- art treatment for acute illness, trauma and sports injuries (including minor surgical procedures) and have onsite digital x-ray service. Pre-employment physicals, drug screening and treatment of work related injuries are also available to local employers.