Wingstop Announces Management Promotions, Hires
Wingstop expands its management team through promotions and new hires.
January 11, 2010 // Franchising.com // DALLAS - In addition to celebrating 25 consecutive quarters of positive comp store sales, opening its first international restaurant in Mexico City and becoming the Official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys, Wingstop expanded its management team in 2009 through promotions and new hires.
- Andy Howard was promoted from executive vice president marketing, purchasing, research and development to chief marketing officer, executive vice president purchasing, research and development
- Mike Sutter was promoted from senior director of training to vice president of training
- Bev Rich was promoted from director of franchise development to senior director of franchise development
- David DeLaGarza was promoted from director of real estate to senior director of real estate
- Sean Murphy was hired as director of research and development
- Phillip Maldonado was promoted from senior district manager to director of operations
- Jennifer Hubbard was promoted from purchasing manager to director of purchasing
- Patrick Campbell was promoted from associate director training to director of training
- Lisa Spooner-Whyte was promoted from field marketing manager to senior field marketing manager
- Stephanie Petersen was promoted from franchise development coordinator to franchise development manager
"The dramatic growth of our chain as well as our success at the store level required that we continue building our management team," said Jim Flynn, CEO of Wingstop. "Fortunately we were able to do much of that building from within as well as bring in some highly successful industry leaders."
Dallas-based Wingstop was founded in 1994 and began franchising in 1997. Today Wingstop has 433 restaurants open in 34 states. The chain recently received a Restaurants & Institutions' Consumers' Choice in Chains Award, which is based on customer satisfaction in food quality, value, atmosphere, cleanliness, reputation and convenience.
Wingstop offers restaurants with a nostalgic, aviation-themed atmosphere where the sole focus is on chicken wings. Wingstop features nine wing flavors, including Original Hot, Cajun, Atomic, Mild, Teriyaki, Lemon Pepper, Hawaiian, Garlic Parmesan, and Hickory Smoked BBQ. The wings are cooked-to-order and customers can also choose from homemade side dishes including fresh-cut seasoned fries, bourbon baked beans, potato salad, creamy cole slaw, vegetable sticks, rolls and assorted dipping sauces. Wingstop recently received an American Business Award for Best Overall Company and was chosen Wing King at the 2006 National Buffalo Wing Festival. Troy Aikman, three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame quarterback, has served as the chain's national spokesman since 2003.