T.G.I. Friday's(R) Restaurants Adds Premium Black Angus Steaks to Menu
Norwegian Salmon and Shell-on Tiger Shrimp Also Among Menu Enhancements; Friday's® Adds Seven New Exciting Beverages to Drink Menu
CARROLLTON, Texas // PRNewswire // -- T.G.I. Friday's restaurants today announced it is adding an upscale selection of premium indulgences, including premium Black Angus Steaks, Norwegian Salmon and Shell-On Tiger Shrimp, to its menu. The seven new items are part of more than 20 overall menu enhancements. Friday's also added seven beverages to its industry-leading drink menu.
"T.G.I. Friday's is excited to announce an abundance of new food and beverages and exciting upgrades to our menu including Black Angus steak entrees," said Ricky Richardson, global chief concept officer for T.G.I. Friday's. "Just in time for Valentine's Day and beyond, Friday's guests can now bring someone special and treat someone special with the best quality steaks and seafood in casual dining and great new drinks at an incredible every day value."
Aged for a minimum of 21 days, Friday's new Black Angus steaks are generous cuts with just the right balance of lean, choice beef and succulent marbling, perfectly seasoned and fire-grilled to order for a mouth-watering steak experience. The seven new menu additions include the following:
- Jack Daniel's® Sirloin & Shrimp – a generous 10-oz. Black Angus strip-style sirloin and crispy Cajun-spiced shrimp, served with your choice of two sides.
- 10 oz. Sirloin & Grilled Shrimp Scampi – a Black Angus strip-style Sirloin paired with skewered jumbo butterflied shrimp served char-broiled and shell-on in a flavorful scampi sauce and topped with maison butter and served with your choice of two sides.
- Petite Sirloin & Half-Rack of Ribs – a 6 oz. Black Angus filet-style cut sirloin steak matched with a half rack of baby back ribs, slow-cooked in-house until they are "fall-off-the-bone" tender and generously basted with our smoky Jack™ Championship BBQ sauce, topped with maison butter and paired with a choice of two sides.
- 10 oz. Sirloin – a lean Black Angus strip-style sirloin topped with maison butter and paired with a choice of two sides.
- Petite Sirloin & Salmon – a 6 oz. Black Angus filet-style cut sirloin steak coupled with a fresh 7 oz. fillet of fire-grilled, perfectly seasoned Norwegian salmon, topped with maison butter and paired with a choice of two sides.
- Flat Iron – a tender, flavorful 8 oz. Black Angus steak topped with maison butter and paired with a choice of two sides.
- Grilled Shrimp Scampi & Salmon – skewered jumbo butterflied shrimp char-broiled shell-on and topped with flavorful scampi sauce along with a perfectly seasoned 7 oz. fire-grilled Norwegian salmon fillet, served with choice of two sides.
Also, continuing its legacy of beverage innovation, Friday's announced a new platform of teas and other exciting beverages to its drink menu:
- SoCo Peach Tea – Southern Comfort, sweet peach puree and sweet & sour topped off with a splash of Coke.
- Ruby Mo-Tea-To – Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka, ruby red grapefruit nectar and lemonade shaken with fresh mint.
- Sun-Spiced Tea – Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka mixed with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, mango puree and topped off with lemonade.
- Bubble up Tea – Three Olives Bubble Vodka, Bombay Gin and sweet & sour mixed with Coke and topped with a fresh squeeze of lime.
- Mango Peach Lemonade Slush – A cool blend of mango, peach and Minute Maid® Lemonade.
- Ruby Red Bull® Slush – An energizing new combination of Ruby Red grapefruit and Red Bull®.
Finally, for chocolate lovers and dessert connoisseurs, Friday's introduced a new specialty drink and dessert:
- Chocolate Decadence Sipper – Godiva Liqueur, White Crème De Cacao and chocolate syrup served with a touch of Baileys and fresh sliced strawberries for the ultimate decadent cocktail.
- Brownie 'n' Baileys® – Friday's Brownie Obsession, a warm brownie covered in Ghirardelli® chocolate-fudge sauce, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and pecans, topped with Baileys®.
With more than 900 restaurants in 60 countries, including approximately 600 restaurants in the U.S., T.G.I. Friday's offers great food, innovative drinks and a unique experience filled with flair and a Thank God It's Friday's™ attitude. Friday's authentic, engaging atmosphere makes it the perfect place to escape, socialize and connect with people while getting a rejuvenating second wind. Members of Give Me More Stripes®, Friday's guest recognition program, receive free stuff and special perks year-round. As the original casual dining restaurant, T.G.I. Friday's has a rich heritage which includes being credited with popularizing Happy Hour, Long Island Iced Tea and Loaded Potato Skins. T.G.I. Friday's is also famous for its flair bartenders, approximately 8000 of whom compete annually for the title of the "World's Greatest T.G.I. Friday's Bartender."
Carlson Restaurants Worldwide Inc., the parent company of TGI Friday's Inc., is a privately held company owned by Minneapolis-based Carlson, a world leader in the hospitality and travel industries. As of February 2010, Carlson Restaurants Worldwide owns, operates, franchises or licenses more than 1,000 restaurants in 60 countries.
SOURCE T.G.I. Friday's Restaurants