Embassy Suites Hotels Celebrates "Top 10%" Of 2009
Three Hotels Further Saluted with a "Connie" Award
March 16, 2010 // Franchising.com // MCLEAN, VA – Embassy Suites Hotels today announced its top performing properties of 2009. The results are based on three key components: quality assurance audits measuring cleanliness, condition and brand standards; and customer scores rating staff service and the quality of the hotel's physical accommodations.
Twenty hotels (full listing follows) were named to this prestigious top ten percent from the brand's portfolio of just over 200 hotels throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean. Each honored hotel will receive a trophy, monetary prize and recognition during an upcoming on-property ceremony.
"Each of our 30,000 team members at our 205 hotels work extremely hard to deliver the ultimate in guest satisfaction for which the Embassy brand is known," said Jim Holthouser, global head, Embassy Suites Hotels and full service brands for Hilton Worldwide. "Everything they do – from providing a hot, cooked to order breakfast each morning to a comfortable bed for travelers each night, and highly valued services in between that enable guests to be more productive – helps ensure guest loyalty. We are pleased to honor the Embassy Suites Hotels that epitomize what our brand is all about – guest satisfaction and a high level of customer service."
The top three performing hotels received special recognition with a "Connie" Award, named after Hilton Worldwide's founder Conrad Hilton. This year's Connie Award winners are all owned by Mr. John Q. Hammons and managed by John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts.
- Omaha — La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center. GM: Tony Moody
- Murfreesboro — Hotel & Conference Center. GM: David Latture
- Norman — Hotel & Conference Center. GM: Jim Rickards
"When I set out to build a project, I commit that we are going to build the best," said Mr. John Q. Hammons, founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Springfield, Mo.-based John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts. "Embassy Suites Hotels continues to be a high quality, successful brand that respects John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts' signature innovations and commitment to an exceptional guest experience."
The following hotels make up the remaining top ten percent of the brand:
- East Peoria — Hotel & Riverfront Conference Center. GM: Joe LoMonaco
- Fort Myers — Estero. GM: Brad Wymer
- San Marcos Hotel, Spa & Conference Center. GM: Tom Pugh
- Anchorage. GM: Carol Chandler
- Charlotte — Concord/Golf Resort & Spa. GM: Terry Crawford
- Tucson — Paloma Village. GM: Jeff Zelkin
- St. Louis — St. Charles/Hotel & Spa. GM: Rick Beran
- Louisville. GM: Bud Vivion
- Laredo. GM: Brian Clark
- Hot Springs — Hotel & Spa. GM: Kurt Schatzl
- Albuquerque — Hotel & Spa. GM: Mark Gundlach
- La Quinta — Hotel & Spa. GM: Eric Seise
- Huntsville — Hotel & Spa. GM: Tim Lewin
- Rogers/Bentonville — NW Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. GM: David Lang
- Columbus/Dublin. GM: Brian Latture
- Fort Worth — Downtown. GM: Ken Schell
- Lexington. GM: Ron Van Haaren
About Embassy Suites Hotels
Founded in 1984, Embassy Suites Hotels defines the upscale, all-suite segment and today has 205 hotels, with an additional 45 in the pipeline. With spacious two-room suites, engaging team members and an inviting atrium environment, guests are allowed to put their feet up and feel right at home.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For more than 90 years, Hilton Worldwide has been offering business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,500 hotels in 81 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.